I'm looking to find/search the Census Records from Illinois in 1920, does anyone here have access to them or a way to search through them online, without ordering Microfilm copies from NARA??
My GGGF and GGGM lived in Streator, Illinois from about 1905 to 1920ish. I was provided a 1910 Census by a member in this forum which helped show that both of them, and their kids, were living/working in Streator.
My GGF was born in 1911 in Streator.
Sometime between 1911 and 1920 my family splits apart: My GGF shows up on a 1920 Census in Richmond, New York at an orphanage with his brother, and GGGM gets remarried in 1924 in NYC. Then, in a 1930 Census in NY, my GGGM and GGF plus brothers/sisters appear.
My GGGF doesn't appear on any records after 1910, until a 1940 Census in Westchester, NY.
I need to fill in the gap and prove that my GGGF was still an "alien" when my GGF was born in 1911.
If anyone has any idea where to find the Illinois 1920 Census records that I could dig through, that would help out a ton! And they don't need to be "searchable", I'd be happy to dig through pages of Streator Census Records if they're available.
Census Records - Illinois, 1920
Re: Census Records - Illinois, 1920
Related thread previously posted:
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 45#p267145
Vinny,
I did a general search on Familysearch using the following criteria:
Birthplace: Italy
Residence: Streator IL
Time Frame: 1920-1920
Here's the results:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/rec ... A1920-1920~
You can tighten or loosen search criteria by entering different information to the left.
Biff
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... 45#p267145
Vinny,
I did a general search on Familysearch using the following criteria:
Birthplace: Italy
Residence: Streator IL
Time Frame: 1920-1920
Here's the results:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/rec ... A1920-1920~
You can tighten or loosen search criteria by entering different information to the left.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
VinnyInNOLA
- Rookie

- Posts: 25
- Joined: 13 Sep 2017, 19:35
Re: Census Records - Illinois, 1920
Thanks Biff,
I've already used FamilySearch and Ancestry previously and have come up empty handed. I didn't know if there was any other resources I could utilize for this type of search. I found plenty of info post-1940 including my GGGF Death Certificate in Westchester, NY. But there is still a huge gap between 1911-1935 where I can't find any reliable resource on his whereabouts.
I've already used FamilySearch and Ancestry previously and have come up empty handed. I didn't know if there was any other resources I could utilize for this type of search. I found plenty of info post-1940 including my GGGF Death Certificate in Westchester, NY. But there is still a huge gap between 1911-1935 where I can't find any reliable resource on his whereabouts.
