Ideas about FLORIO's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Ideas about FLORIO's

Post by stfrancis »

Thank you Suanj, you were correct about Salerno ! EXCELLENT :D

I also found a marriage to MichelArcangelo Florio, 1871, Family Search (images 780, 781):

https://www.familysearch.org/search/fil ... cat=680012
https://www.familysearch.org/search/fil ... cat=680012

It seems to match except Caterina's Mother's name, it looks like she is deceased on marriage registration...? Wonder how Matera and Petrazzuolo? are linked...

(sorry I would appreciate help translating these...)

do you think this HAS to be the right Caterina Gorga..?

I also have this death, no, 183, looks like it might be for Caterina's Father, Vincenzo...., 1880 ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Ideas about FLORIO's

Post by suanj »

Petrazzuolo is right maiden name of Caterina! I read the her maiden name wrong, handwriting no much readable... however my find is abt the right Birth record of Maria Caterina Gorga... Maria Caterina was 26 old, single; the her father was alive, and the her mother was deceased..
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Ideas about FLORIO's

Post by stfrancis »

If i understand right

we have Maria Caterina Gorga born 1845, father is Vincenzo, mother is Teresa Petrazzuolo

then we have her marriage to Michelarcangelo Florio in 1871, (her father, Vincenzo, alive, and mother, Teresa Petrazzuolo, deceased)

In NYC she calls her mother Teresa Maddero (Matera?), could she have named her mother from a different person...could Vincenzo Gorga have another wife before Petrazzuolo ?

thanks
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Ideas about FLORIO's

Post by suanj »

Nooooo... on the Birth act of Maria Caterina Gorga the mother name is Teresa Petrazzuolo... Teresa is the her mother!
I am pretty sure that or she made confusion on US records or she don't remembered very well... it is no rare....you can be very sure that the Birth record is abt right person, and so also the marriage record....
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
stfrancis
Elite
Elite
Posts: 368
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 16:00

Re: Ideas about FLORIO's

Post by stfrancis »

Very good, and you have MUCH more experience than me. Thank you for this guidance.

So I should NOT spend any more time right now, trying to find the Madero-Matera name origin, not in NY , nor in Italy :wink:
DanielleCuevas
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 04:53

Re: Ideas about FLORIO's

Post by DanielleCuevas »

Hello. Looking for information about a Angela Maria Florio. She married Giovanni D’andola. They had a daughter named Lucia Maria D’andola. Lucia married my great grandfather Matteo Cannizzo. Thank you!
Post Reply