Antonia Mogavero

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Athena »

Thank you Erudita
Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Athena »

the imagine is 113 of for that attachment
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Tessa78 »

Athena wrote: 26 Jan 2018, 00:15 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Can you please translate this for me? I found a death record for a child.

NOTE: The spelling of the surname in this record is Gulioso. Probably a misspelling...

#113 - dated 1 December 1840 in Santo Stefano
Declarants: Giuseppe Gulioso, 40, fisherman residing in this town in Piazza neighborhood; and Giovanni Armao 50, shopkeeper residing in this town in the abovesaid neighborhood. They declared that on the abovesaid day and month of the current year at 1 PM, died at home Felice Gulioso, age 3, born and residing in this town; son of Antonino, a laborer residing in this town, and of Providenza Azzaretto, residing in this town.


Here is the birth act for the above child, Felice Glorioso, in 1837
Birth on 1 February 1837 to Providenza Azzaretto and Antonino Glorioso
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

T.
Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Athena »

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Can someone tell me if this the marriage certificate of Antonino Glorisa/o and providenza azzareto.
Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Athena »

Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Athena »

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by erudita74 »

Athena wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 05:14 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

please translate
Solemn Promise on the left dated Feb 11, 1860
Prospective Groom: Giuseppe Glorioso, age 26, never before married, a fisherman. Son of Antonino Glorioso (fisherman) and Providenza Azzarretto (spinner).
Prospective bride: Marianna Molinaro, age 21,never before married, daughter of Vincenzo (Molinaro), fisherman, and Maria Leonardo (spinner). Marriage in the parish church of this town on Feb 12th (right side of the document).
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by erudita74 »

Athena wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 02:39 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

please translate.
Felice Glorioso born on Aug 15, 1831 at 11 P.M. to Antonino Glorioso, age 23, and his legitimate wife, Providenza Azzaretto, age 19. (on the birth record side of the document-the left-her name is spelled with one r). The baptism info is on the right-he was baptized in the parish of this town on the 17th. Here her surname is spelled with two r's.

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by erudita74 »

Athena wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 02:24 http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Can someone tell me if this the marriage certificate of Antonino Glorisa/o and providenza azzareto.
Yes, Tracy, this is their marriage record-

The solemn promise on the left is dated Nov 24, 1830 at 5 P.M.

The prospective groom, Antonino Ignazio (here his surname is spelled as Galioso or Gulioso), age 25, a fisherman, born in this town, son of deceased Felice (ricattiere-I believe this is the occupation spelled as rigattiere which was a second hand dealer; he bought and sold stuff used by housewives). Antonino was also the son of Giovanna Maglia, age 56

The prospective bride was Providenza Carmela Azzaretto (spelled with one r in this record), age 20, the daughter of Giuseppe, a fisherman, and Santa Grazia Davi.

The marriage took place in the parish of this town on the 25th.

Erudita
Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Athena »

Thank you so much.
I love adding to my tree.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by erudita74 »

You're very welcome, Tracy. Happy to help.
Erudita
Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Athena »

Is there a site that has all records for S Stefano?
The 2 sites I use some are missing yrs.
Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by Athena »

So I posted about my great-grandmother back in Jan. of 2018.
People on here were able to help me find the marriage of my great grandparent's.

Now I've been trying to find her birth record, I've checked every year starting from 1880 and found nothing on her. However I've found her brother and sisters.

Maybe someone out here can help me.I would appreciate it!

Antonia Mogavero- parent's Antonio Mogavero and Grazia Glorioso

Thank you
patty p
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Aug 2024, 22:52

Re: Antonia Mogavero

Post by patty p »

Athena wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 20:31 I need help trying to find my Great-grandmother's parents.
My great-grandmother is Antonia Mogavero who married Louis Piscitello. I don't know if they married in NY or in italy. I haven't found any marriage record for them in NY or Italy.
All I know is that Antonia was born 5.27,1886, I think in Castlebuono. I would like to find her parents and know there names.

Thank you
Tracy
Hi again, I also know that Antonia and Vincenzo had two daughters and two sons, so perhaps your GG is Antonia the daughter of Antonia Mogavero and her husband Vincenzo who were married in 1882 and perhaps moved from Gratteri to Castlebuono and eventually made her way to NY.
Post Reply