Hello to all ! I'm very glad this site ! This is about my great-grand mother named Amelia ROMANIN born April, 29, 1885 at CHIONS (FRIUL-Udine province). Here is her story:
At the age of 10, she went to ARGENTINA with her father and mother and uncle. She stayed probably 6 years in Argentina, then returned to ITALY.
During their stay in Argentina, her parents seem to have had other children born there, and her uncle also founded a family there.
I am trying to find the name of the ships from Italy to Argentina, probably port of departure TRIESTE, for the place of arrival in Argentina I don't know, but my grandmother told us they stayed later in a place named SAN PAOLO DI CAMPINA. Which is surprising, because it seems to be a Brasilian name instead of Argentinian !
SO, I am in trouble trying to find passengers lists who left Italy to go Latin America, anyone who can help me about it ?
Amelia came back to Chions, Italy, at the age of 16 (approximatively), where she maried to NARDO Bortolo (born July, 11, 1883 in Azzamo Decimo). They had 10 children, their first-born was my grand-mother, they called her... Argentina.
I am also looking for NARDO Bortolo's Parents recordings : NARDO Arcangelo and COLOVINI Paola (for them I have no details yet) Thank you for your help, ciao!
ROMANIN from Chions to Argentina (or Brasil?)/ NARDO Arcange
Re: ROMANIN from Chions to Argentina (or Brasil?)/ NARDO Arc
About parents of Bortolo Nardo, there is written on his birth act their names and their ages, usefull informations to go back to your roots...
Re: ROMANIN from Chions to Argentina (or Brasil?)/ NARDO Arc
There are many ROMANIN who went to Argentina, you can access this database here, you must register for free, you can then see details on each name, for example:
Surname
ROMANIN
Name
ANTONIO
Parentela
Age
52
Sex
M
Marital status
D
Occupation
AGRICULTOR
Religion
Cattolico
Port of embarkment
BARCELONA
Name of the ship
HANNOVER
Date of arrival
16-02-1884
Literacy
D
Travel compartment
here are all of names on list....
ROMANIN ANGELO
ROMANIN ANGELO
ROMANIN ANGELO
ROMANIN ANTONIO
ROMANIN ANTONIO
ROMANIN ANTONIO
ROMANIN BARTOLO
ROMANIN CARLO
ROMANIN FORTUNATO
ROMANIN GEROLAMO
ROMANIN GIUSEPPE
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN OSVALDO
ROMANIN OSWALDO
ROMANIN PIETRO
here is the link,
http://www.italians-world.org/Italy/BancaDatiGb.htm
wldspirit
Surname
ROMANIN
Name
ANTONIO
Parentela
Age
52
Sex
M
Marital status
D
Occupation
AGRICULTOR
Religion
Cattolico
Port of embarkment
BARCELONA
Name of the ship
HANNOVER
Date of arrival
16-02-1884
Literacy
D
Travel compartment
here are all of names on list....
ROMANIN ANGELO
ROMANIN ANGELO
ROMANIN ANGELO
ROMANIN ANTONIO
ROMANIN ANTONIO
ROMANIN ANTONIO
ROMANIN BARTOLO
ROMANIN CARLO
ROMANIN FORTUNATO
ROMANIN GEROLAMO
ROMANIN GIUSEPPE
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN LUIGI
ROMANIN OSVALDO
ROMANIN OSWALDO
ROMANIN PIETRO
here is the link,
http://www.italians-world.org/Italy/BancaDatiGb.htm
wldspirit
Re: ROMANIN from Chions to Argentina (or Brasil?)/ NARDO Arc
Cecilia,
On the website that wldspirit provided, you can also check for her going to Brazil.
On the website that wldspirit provided, you can also check for her going to Brazil.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: ROMANIN from Chions to Argentina (or Brasil?)/ NARDO Arc
Maybe I missed something.......isn't that stated on the opening page?
wldspirit
wldspirit
Re: ROMANIN from Chions to Argentina (or Brasil?)/ NARDO Arc
Wldspirit,
Yes it is. Just thought that I would mention it here so others will know that they can look for Italians going to Brazil at this website. Sorry if I did wrong.
jcsm
Yes it is. Just thought that I would mention it here so others will know that they can look for Italians going to Brazil at this website. Sorry if I did wrong.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.


