Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out a few things about the Tedesco family in my tree. For that we'd need a family center. I have one near me, but, I do not know much Italian. So, I am going to need a lot of help on this one. All the people I am looking for should be in San Pietro a Maida.

I am looking for the exact birth date of Tommaso Tedesco.

He was born around 1821 as stated in his daughter Maria's birth banns. She was born 2 May 1854.

That's not all. I have several potential fathers and I want to know how they all fit in. They are Fortunato Tedesco, Giuseppe Tedesco, Antonio Tedesco, Domenico Tedesco and Vincenzo Tedesco.

One of these guys has to be the father of Tommaso. If so. How do the rest of these guys all fit in to this family tree?

Please help if you can.

Thanks!
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

Sorry for the massive info dump. I should have cleaned this up better.

I am looking for the birth date for Tommaso Tedesco. He was born around 1821 in San Pietro a Maida. I have a list of potential fathers. I don't know how these guys fit in. Here they are:

Fortunato, son of Giuseppe.
Domenico, son of Antonio.
Vincenzo, son of Giuseppe.

LOL. It's like Maury. Who is the father? And if not how do these guys fit in?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you post an image or a link to the marriage banns of Tommaso's daughter?
What year did she marry? Was her father listed as "living" in the record?

T.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

Hey, Tessa.

Marriage banns for San Pietro a Maida aren't online. Only birth announcements are. (From 1800-1864) Though, I am talking to some cousins who may be able to help. I'm looking for Tommaso (1821)'s birth and his siblings. Plus info on Fortunato, Domenico and Vincenzo. I want to know how they fit into the picture.

I have sent in a request for the marriage of Tommaso's daughter.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Tessa78 »

Do you know if the marriage banns listed her father as "living?"
I was going to search for his death act, but I need a range of some kind.

Yes, I have seen which records are online from San Pietro... very limited.

When you say you "sent in a request" - do you mean to the comune? You can also request his birth act...OR... is that the problem - that there are several Tommaso Tedesco births in the years around 1821??

T.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

No I don't know if the marriage banns of her father list her as living. I do have her birth announcement. You can read it here as I have it attached.

The search range should be about 1821-1825 or so.

Yes, I sent a request to the commune. The problem is I don't have an exact date. That's why I need his birth and the siblings too if possible. And his parents.

They need exact dates from me. Just need to put together the Tedesco families there at the time so I can get a picture here of who belongs to who.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

And here's her brother's birth announcement (Also called Tommaso). The birth date of his father was a mistake, apparently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Tessa78 »

Thank you for the birth act of his daughter.

Reading the act, Tommaso's age appears to be 33, BUT further down the record, when he is mentioned as the father [di esso dichiarante - of him, the delcarant] - his age is clearly 30.

Usually, a comune would be happy with a 5 year range of dates to do a search :-)
I would put his year of birth at 1824 (or the end of 1823).

EDIT TO ADD***

Yes, the age in the birth act of Tommaso is VERY different from the other birth act.

Do you have the page 2 for each of these birth acts>

T.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

Right. So, 1820-1825 would be a decent area to search from. I'll note that.

Edit: No, I don't. (There are two pages?)
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Tessa78 »

If one of the names you posted above is Tommaso's father, you should find a birth for a son (usually the first born son) with the grandfather's name.

EDIT:
The back side of the record usually has the list of witnesses to the recording of the birth act.
SOMETIMES a relative will be a witness. Just grasping at straws here :-)

T.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

I know both acts look different but they are from the same mother and father. Tommaso Tedesco and Cecilia Cassera. I don't have their birth info.

I was never shown the backside of the document. A researcher here gave me images. I didn't even know a backside HAD information.

He gave me a list of those names and that was it. Just trying, like I said, to piece together the Tedesco families at the time.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Tessa78 »

Cferra wrote: 25 Feb 2018, 20:46 I know both acts look different but they are from the same mother and father. Tommaso Tedesco and Cecilia Cassera. I don't have their birth info.

I was never shown the backside of the document. A researcher here gave me images. I didn't even know a backside HAD information.

He gave me a list of those names and that was it. Just trying, like I said, to piece together the Tedesco families at the time.
A good researcher should provide you with all of the record...

Here is a birth act from 1831 from Curinga - a neighboring comune. The image shows the front of a birth act, and on the left the back of the previous birth act.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html

EDIT TO ADD:

I do not believe the mother's surname is Cassera... I will get back to you on my thoughts about what it actually is.


T.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

Now that's more like it.

I also wonder if I have ancestors from Curinga because the commune office couldn't find birth records for a couple people. Though they did marry and had kids in San Pietro.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Tessa78 »

I believe the mother's surname is Cassese, not Cassera :-)

Who might you be looking for in Curinga?

T.
Cferra
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Jul 2017, 15:46

Re: Tedescos in San Pietro a Maida

Post by Cferra »

That is now the THIRD spelling for that name I've seen.

Cassesa was first. Then Cassera....

I have a feeling Domenica Gullo's parents are in Curinga. For details go here: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Gullo-32

And then there's Paolo Coppola. He was born around 1843 as per his daughter, Concetta's birth announcement. I got that info from the commune office.
Post Reply