A Newbie's First Post

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

A Newbie's First Post

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi there

Just a couple of queries:

A new forum member, who I have been in communication with over the last few days, registerd five or so days ago, and then posted their first post the same day, but has still not seen the post appear on the forum. Maybe this is because the moderators have still not had a chance to "approve" it. It seems unusual to me that someone would have to wait so long to have their first post approved? Does anyone know why this could be? Has anyone else had this issue? I don't remember this being the case when I first registered.

Also, are "newbies" informed about the policy that their first post needs to be approved by a moderator before they will allow it to appear on the forum? (If not, I think that it would be helpful if they were informed of this and also given a timeframe.)

Thanks for any feedback.

Angela :)
Post Reply