Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Some additional informatio.
NEW ORLEANS, LA BIRTH RECORD INDEX:
Given: Maria
Surname: Saccaro
Father: Salvatore
Mother: Catherina Provinzana
Sex: F
Color: W
Birth Date: 17 Apr 1899
Volume: 129
Page: 1098
NEW ORLEANS , LA MARRIAGE INDEX 1831-1925
Name: Antonina Saccaro
Spouse: Salvatore Cannizzaro
Age: 64
Age: 60
Gender: F
Marriage Date: 18 Jan 1915
Volume: 37
Page: 309
NEW ORLEANS, LA BIRTH RECORD INDEX:
Given: Maria
Surname: Saccaro
Father: Salvatore
Mother: Catherina Provinzana
Sex: F
Color: W
Birth Date: 17 Apr 1899
Volume: 129
Page: 1098
NEW ORLEANS , LA MARRIAGE INDEX 1831-1925
Name: Antonina Saccaro
Spouse: Salvatore Cannizzaro
Age: 64
Age: 60
Gender: F
Marriage Date: 18 Jan 1915
Volume: 37
Page: 309
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Joyce,
Don't worry. No, I didn't post page 2...I didn't notice if there was any information on it for this family. As for broken links...these things happen. It's happened to me, too. Remember, you were trying to download new browsers at the time, too. I think that imageshack wears off after a while.
It's happened before on past posts.
It's great all the help you have been giving here. This is such an awesome team.
Now, stop stressing and enjoy the weekend.
Hugs
Nuccia

Don't worry. No, I didn't post page 2...I didn't notice if there was any information on it for this family. As for broken links...these things happen. It's happened to me, too. Remember, you were trying to download new browsers at the time, too. I think that imageshack wears off after a while.
It's great all the help you have been giving here. This is such an awesome team.
Now, stop stressing and enjoy the weekend.
Hugs
Nuccia
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
QUOTE:"Are all ship manifests online and available to search or am I able to contact the library and have them search their records?
If the census says Salvatore and Catherine were aliens does that mean they never became citizens?
Also, do you find generally the information on familysearch.org is correct? I found some information on Salvatore's family and I don't know how to verify that this information is correct."
My answers:
Not all manifest are online & not all have been transcribed, so a library or another place may not have the record. Maybe, one of the posted manifests is the correct one.
As for them being naturalized, they could have become citizens after 1930, but since they were in USA for over 3o years, I don't think so. You could check the naturalization records for New Orleans. Here is a link to film (LDS) for New Orleans naturalization index:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... rations+of+++
Generally, yes, but remember it is information submitted by people and may not be verified information. There are some on my family that I don't really believe, but can't verify myself!
Since you know that Salvatore was born 1918 New Orleans, if you don't have it, I suggest getting his birth certificate. Also, if you don't have his death certificate, get it. These may provide the town in Italy for his parents.
Hope this helps,
jcsm
If the census says Salvatore and Catherine were aliens does that mean they never became citizens?
Also, do you find generally the information on familysearch.org is correct? I found some information on Salvatore's family and I don't know how to verify that this information is correct."
My answers:
Not all manifest are online & not all have been transcribed, so a library or another place may not have the record. Maybe, one of the posted manifests is the correct one.
As for them being naturalized, they could have become citizens after 1930, but since they were in USA for over 3o years, I don't think so. You could check the naturalization records for New Orleans. Here is a link to film (LDS) for New Orleans naturalization index:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... rations+of+++
Generally, yes, but remember it is information submitted by people and may not be verified information. There are some on my family that I don't really believe, but can't verify myself!
Since you know that Salvatore was born 1918 New Orleans, if you don't have it, I suggest getting his birth certificate. Also, if you don't have his death certificate, get it. These may provide the town in Italy for his parents.
Hope this helps,
jcsm
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Nuccia,
Thanks for kind words.
You do the same!
Thanks for kind words.
You do the same!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Check for naturalization regardless of what census may say,
my Nonni came to this country in 1908, she did not bother to naturalize until 1942.
Two links which may be helpful,
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/histo ... NATREC.htm
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/g-639.htm
wldspirit
my Nonni came to this country in 1908, she did not bother to naturalize until 1942.
Two links which may be helpful,
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/histo ... NATREC.htm
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/g-639.htm
wldspirit
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Hi jcsm,
Thanks for your reply. This may be a stupid question but how do I get my hands on the birth certificate for Salvatore, Joseph or Catherine if I don't know what part of Italy they were from?
Would New Orleans Archives have copies of those records?
I did see the info about Maria and Antonina but just don't know how they are part of the picture. There was a Mary Saccaro in the 1910 census but she is listed as a grand daughter but then listed again in the 1920 census as the daughter.
And again, to all of you. You guys have been absolutely wonderful in helping me gather this information. Wow, that sounds cheesy! But still true.
Julie
Thanks for your reply. This may be a stupid question but how do I get my hands on the birth certificate for Salvatore, Joseph or Catherine if I don't know what part of Italy they were from?
Would New Orleans Archives have copies of those records?
I did see the info about Maria and Antonina but just don't know how they are part of the picture. There was a Mary Saccaro in the 1910 census but she is listed as a grand daughter but then listed again in the 1920 census as the daughter.
And again, to all of you. You guys have been absolutely wonderful in helping me gather this information. Wow, that sounds cheesy! But still true.
Julie
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Hi Julie,
In your original post you stated your granfather wes born in 1918 New Orleans? If this is correct, write to the County Clerk in New Orleans. If he also died in New Orleans, CC will also have his death certificate.
jcsm
In your original post you stated your granfather wes born in 1918 New Orleans? If this is correct, write to the County Clerk in New Orleans. If he also died in New Orleans, CC will also have his death certificate.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
jcsm,
I have sent off for a copy of my grandfathers birth certificate. I'm waiting for that to arrive. The death certificates for Joseph (great grandfather), Catherine (2x great grandmother) and Salvatore (2x great grandfather) should be no problem since they each died in N.O. But if they were each born in Italy would I still be able to get those birth certificates from N.O.?
Julie
I have sent off for a copy of my grandfathers birth certificate. I'm waiting for that to arrive. The death certificates for Joseph (great grandfather), Catherine (2x great grandmother) and Salvatore (2x great grandfather) should be no problem since they each died in N.O. But if they were each born in Italy would I still be able to get those birth certificates from N.O.?
Julie
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Just did some checking and found death info for your g-grandparents.
View Record Mariano Saccaro 4 mos 10 Dec 1902 W 947 128 View Full Context
View Record Tony Saccaro 5 mos 08 Dec 1905 W 1056 136 View Full Context
View Record Peter Saccaro 55 yrs 09 Feb 1919 W 813 175 View Full Context
View Record Angelo Saccaro 28 yrs 07 Apr 1924 W 1047 188 View Full Context
View Record Salvador Saccaro 82 yrs 10 Sep 1933 W 451 205 View Full Context
View Record Marion Saccaro 78 yrs 06 Dec 1935 W 2672 207 View Full Context
View Record Catherine Provenzano Saccaro Mar 1939 576 212 View Full Context
View Record Agnes L Saccaro 35 Years 31 Dec 1949 White or Mexican
View Record Mariano Saccaro 4 mos 10 Dec 1902 W 947 128 View Full Context
View Record Tony Saccaro 5 mos 08 Dec 1905 W 1056 136 View Full Context
View Record Peter Saccaro 55 yrs 09 Feb 1919 W 813 175 View Full Context
View Record Angelo Saccaro 28 yrs 07 Apr 1924 W 1047 188 View Full Context
View Record Salvador Saccaro 82 yrs 10 Sep 1933 W 451 205 View Full Context
View Record Marion Saccaro 78 yrs 06 Dec 1935 W 2672 207 View Full Context
View Record Catherine Provenzano Saccaro Mar 1939 576 212 View Full Context
View Record Agnes L Saccaro 35 Years 31 Dec 1949 White or Mexican
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
If they all were born in Italy, helpful the death certificates will provide place of birth (hope it's not just Italy, but states the town name. If you get the town in Italy, then you can write for their birth acts or LDS (Mormans) may have films for the town that you can order & view.
Also, Mary (Maria) is their daughter. See above post(top of this page)!
Also, Mary (Maria) is their daughter. See above post(top of this page)!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Just a thought that popped into my mind.
Do you know the cenetery they are buried in? Do their tomstone's provide day-month-year of their births?
This link may interest you.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... isiana.ASP
PS. Maria's (Mary) birth certificate may also contain birth town of her parents.
Do you know the cenetery they are buried in? Do their tomstone's provide day-month-year of their births?
This link may interest you.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... isiana.ASP
PS. Maria's (Mary) birth certificate may also contain birth town of her parents.
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Do not overlook church records in your search for info, the Catholic churches here in US kept records as well as Italy. If you can locate baptismal certificates or marriage info it will list info on parents, where were they born, baptised, ect., ect.,......
wldspirit
wldspirit
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
jcsm & wldspirit,
I do have a baptism certificate of my grandfather. However, it doesn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. I do know that my grandfather was born in New Orleans (ordered that certificate) and buried in McClennan, TX.
This evening I will send off for the death records of Salvatore, Catherine and Joseph. Any idea how long it takes for that info to come in provided they can locate it?
I'll try and get the naturalization certificate from Joseph (great grandfather) but from what I've read it may take awhile for that to come in. Is this true?
Julie
I do have a baptism certificate of my grandfather. However, it doesn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. I do know that my grandfather was born in New Orleans (ordered that certificate) and buried in McClennan, TX.
This evening I will send off for the death records of Salvatore, Catherine and Joseph. Any idea how long it takes for that info to come in provided they can locate it?
I'll try and get the naturalization certificate from Joseph (great grandfather) but from what I've read it may take awhile for that to come in. Is this true?
Julie
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
As with any record the time it takes depends on staff, workload, ect.,
I recieved a death certificate from Florida in less time than it took to recieve my own birth certificate from Chicago......and I live in Illinois........
I do have to wonder, what with the hurricane and all the devastion....if the city of New Orleans is operating at full capacity yet.........
and with regard to the baptism.....I do not mean the actual certificate itself....but the records that the church has........questions of the parents would have been asked and recorded.....such as where they were born, married, baptised ect.,.........
wldspirit
I recieved a death certificate from Florida in less time than it took to recieve my own birth certificate from Chicago......and I live in Illinois........
I do have to wonder, what with the hurricane and all the devastion....if the city of New Orleans is operating at full capacity yet.........
and with regard to the baptism.....I do not mean the actual certificate itself....but the records that the church has........questions of the parents would have been asked and recorded.....such as where they were born, married, baptised ect.,.........
wldspirit


