Needing Grandparents marriage record amended by Cook County Vital Records
Needing Grandparents marriage record amended by Cook County Vital Records
I’ve been trying to get my Grandparents marriage record from 1912. Initially on the document his first name was listed as his last and First , Last. But his last name was also severly misspelled. Cook county agreed to swap the names but failed to fix the misspelling. I can’t get the manager to call back. So now I’m leaning get a court order to get record amended. Has anyone done this in Chicago court and hired a lawyer. I consulted one lawyer and he quote me 1000$ to file motion. I also need to get an apostille from Italy of my GF birth record. The court also told me I could “do it myself” through e-file. Anyone have advise for me. Thank you in advance
-
mbalesteri
- Newbie

- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Mar 2018, 18:48
Re: Needing Grandparents marriage record amended by Cook County Vital Records
You should be able to write to the town that your GF was born in for the birth record or you can use a company to take care of it for you. You shouldn't need an apostille for a document coming from Italy, as one site says; the birth certificate must be either in "formato internazionale", or in "estratto per riassunto". These seem to be Italy's long/certified versions. I plan to hire one of these companies to do this, just to try to avoid mistakes by me, and I have found a lot out there. My biggest problems are finding who to trust, then getting a consultation, they're busy!
There are companies that do everything from acquiring individual documents, apostilles, or translations, to complete start to finish packages (everything but going to your appointment with the consulate), and it seems everything in between. They should be able to help with the marriage license too. I'm liking the adventure of doing the legwork, but just don't have the time, especially for delays that my mistakes could cause.
Best of luck,
Max
There are companies that do everything from acquiring individual documents, apostilles, or translations, to complete start to finish packages (everything but going to your appointment with the consulate), and it seems everything in between. They should be able to help with the marriage license too. I'm liking the adventure of doing the legwork, but just don't have the time, especially for delays that my mistakes could cause.
Best of luck,
Max
Re: Needing Grandparents marriage record amended by Cook County Vital Records
Hi Max
Got a call from Cook County Vital Records last week and they have decided to amend my Grandparents marriage record. They feel it was definitely a misunderstanding and language barrier between the clerk and my grandfather. Hurray no Attorney needed so no apostille. However since I didn’t know I had started the process and actually I hired Francesco Curione who does document searches etc in Italy.
Thank you for your advise
Debra
Got a call from Cook County Vital Records last week and they have decided to amend my Grandparents marriage record. They feel it was definitely a misunderstanding and language barrier between the clerk and my grandfather. Hurray no Attorney needed so no apostille. However since I didn’t know I had started the process and actually I hired Francesco Curione who does document searches etc in Italy.
Thank you for your advise
Debra