Death record for Luigi Bagnato born 1863 d. 1906?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Suedigi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 20:17

Death record for Luigi Bagnato born 1863 d. 1906?

Post by Suedigi »

Family lore has it that Luigi Bagnato born 1863 in Sant' Eufemia Calabria son of Giusseppe Bagnato and Severia Gioffre, died in an earthquate that struck the area around Christmas Dec. 24 or 25th 1906.
Would anyone be able to find his death record, and would the death record have the cause of death? But if it is that date then Kay would know the story was true. Story goes he was felled by a tree.
Kay is thrilled to finally see the connection between our families, her grandfather had the same parents as my great grandfather. Thank you all.
Di Giacco, Nicotera; Bagnato, Fedele, Pavia, Rosarno and Sant’Eufemia; Grassi, Genoa; Martorana, Ministeri/o, Tramontana, Alu, Barravecchia, Di Carlo, Caltanissetta; Sassano; Gentiluomo; Gioffre, Foti,
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Death record for Luigi Bagnato born 1863 d. 1906?

Post by suanj »

and on 1906 no a Luigi Bagnato died in sant'Eufemia:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 0.jpg.html
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Suedigi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 20:17

Re: Death record for Luigi Bagnato born 1863 d. 1906?

Post by Suedigi »

Thank you Suanj....I will check out the site, but Primo Mattino said earthquake was 1908 and it was as we looked it up after I sent the note, I am working with kay the granddaughter.
Would you be able to send me the index for that year?
We tried and we tried but we had no luck using the antenati.san.beniculturali site, we may not be in the correct search box. ???
Di Giacco, Nicotera; Bagnato, Fedele, Pavia, Rosarno and Sant’Eufemia; Grassi, Genoa; Martorana, Ministeri/o, Tramontana, Alu, Barravecchia, Di Carlo, Caltanissetta; Sassano; Gentiluomo; Gioffre, Foti,
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Death record for Luigi Bagnato born 1863 d. 1906?

Post by suanj »

No 1908 Death index... anyway I searched in december 23 -24 and no Luigi Bagnato... However I also found a Luigi Bagnato trips, matching age, from Sant'Eufemia, going in USA on 1907 and 1913... maybe is no your ancestor.. but it could be possible that your Luigi no died around 1906-1908???
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Suedigi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 20:17

Re: Death record for Luigi Bagnato born 1863 d. 1906?

Post by Suedigi »

Thank you Suanj very much for checking the records. Primo’s info led us to the search that the earthquake happened Dec. 28th 1908, Kay could not remember clearly, she has had a few small strokes. Luigi born 1863 did have a son Luigi born 1902 and he came over to America but it was closer to the late 19 hundred teens, possibly 1919. . She has the manifest. As far as Kay knows her Grandfather never made a trip to America, her grandmother didn’t even come over until 1921. Thank you.
Di Giacco, Nicotera; Bagnato, Fedele, Pavia, Rosarno and Sant’Eufemia; Grassi, Genoa; Martorana, Ministeri/o, Tramontana, Alu, Barravecchia, Di Carlo, Caltanissetta; Sassano; Gentiluomo; Gioffre, Foti,
Post Reply