Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Hello all - I'm trying to find some information on my great-grandfather, his name was Giandomenico Talone - he settled in Wayne, Pennsylvania. I think he's from Roccascalegna, Chieti. I just found out about him. Where can I find any records to find out more? The Ellis Island site seems shut down. Every other site seems to charge. Any tips?
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Here is a possible FInd-A-Grave listing for Giandomenico Talone - died 1909 - buried in Havertown, PA
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/172084638
Name: Giandomenico Talone
Birth Date: 1856
Death Date: 1909
Cemetery: Saint Denis Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place: Havertown, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States of America
***
Possible death certificate for Giandomenico's wife, Angela Talone [maiden name Carva(?)]
Angela's parents are listed as Domenico Carva and Raffaela Zinni.
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/51 ... PUBJs=true
***
Was Giandomenico a tailor? Did he have sons, Michael and Nicholas? Could they have lived in Philadelphia at one time?
US Directory for Philadelphia in 1896 - Talone...
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/24 ... PUBJs=true
T.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/172084638
Name: Giandomenico Talone
Birth Date: 1856
Death Date: 1909
Cemetery: Saint Denis Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place: Havertown, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States of America
***
Possible death certificate for Giandomenico's wife, Angela Talone [maiden name Carva(?)]
Angela's parents are listed as Domenico Carva and Raffaela Zinni.
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/51 ... PUBJs=true
***
Was Giandomenico a tailor? Did he have sons, Michael and Nicholas? Could they have lived in Philadelphia at one time?
US Directory for Philadelphia in 1896 - Talone...
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/24 ... PUBJs=true
T.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Yes, G.D. was a tailor. He had a tailor shop in Wayne, PA. I don't have an ancestry membership, so I can't view the documents, but you provided some helpful information, thanks! My cousin will be checking this out for us (she has a membership). We may have more questions 
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Marriage Giandomenico Talone & Angela Maria Zinni
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html
Giandomenico Talone (taylor)
Età : 24
Padre : Ferdinando Talone
Madre : Marianna Travaglini
Comune/Località : Roccascalegna, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italia
Data : 29 Set 1881
Tipologia di Atto : Matrimoni
Coniuge : Angela Maria Zinni
Età Coniuge : 31
Padre Coniuge : Raffaele Zinni
Madre Coniuge : Domenica Corvo
Banns
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html
Giandomenico Talone (taylor)
Età : 24
Padre : Ferdinando Talone
Madre : Marianna Travaglini
Comune/Località : Roccascalegna, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italia
Data : 29 Set 1881
Tipologia di Atto : Matrimoni
Coniuge : Angela Maria Zinni
Età Coniuge : 31
Padre Coniuge : Raffaele Zinni
Madre Coniuge : Domenica Corvo
Banns
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Here is a copy of the death certificate for Angela Talone from ancestry.
You can see how inaccurate the information can be on death certificates -based on the marriage mmogno
posted above. Raffaele Zinni should be the father, and Domenica Corvo should be the mother 
https://s31.postimg.cc/u2dgdrb7v/Talone ... _Death.jpg
***
Here is the birth act of Giandomenico Talone in 1857 in Roccascalegna
#23 - dated 22 April 1857 - birth on same day
Father: Ferdinando Talone [son of Giandomenico], age 26, tailor residing in Roccascalegna, Strada Colle della Croce
Mother: Marianna Travaglini, his wife, 26, residing in said town
Birth at 1 PM at home on the 22nd.
The child was given the name Giandomenico and baptized on the same day at the Parish of San Pietro.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
And the birth act of Angela Maria Zinni in 1850 (#15)
Dated 3 February 1850
Father: Raffaele Zinni, 35, shoemaker residing in this town at Strada della Lamatura (?)
Mother: Domenica Corvo, his wife, 23, residing in said town.
Child was born on 3 February 1850 at 6 PM at home.
She was given the name Angela Maria, and was baptized on the same day at the Parish of San Pietro Aposolo
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
You can see how inaccurate the information can be on death certificates -based on the marriage mmogno
https://s31.postimg.cc/u2dgdrb7v/Talone ... _Death.jpg
***
Here is the birth act of Giandomenico Talone in 1857 in Roccascalegna
#23 - dated 22 April 1857 - birth on same day
Father: Ferdinando Talone [son of Giandomenico], age 26, tailor residing in Roccascalegna, Strada Colle della Croce
Mother: Marianna Travaglini, his wife, 26, residing in said town
Birth at 1 PM at home on the 22nd.
The child was given the name Giandomenico and baptized on the same day at the Parish of San Pietro.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
And the birth act of Angela Maria Zinni in 1850 (#15)
Dated 3 February 1850
Father: Raffaele Zinni, 35, shoemaker residing in this town at Strada della Lamatura (?)
Mother: Domenica Corvo, his wife, 23, residing in said town.
Child was born on 3 February 1850 at 6 PM at home.
She was given the name Angela Maria, and was baptized on the same day at the Parish of San Pietro Aposolo
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
T.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Thank you again Tessa. This is amazing!
I wonder if you can help us find the names of Giandomenico's 7 daughters - we seem to be missing a few. One of them was my grandmother, Josephine. And we know of Aurora, Marianna and maybe Angela. Then there is either Settimia or Septimia. Not sure about the two others. We know he had 7 because we have a newspaper article about one of them and it said he lived with his 7 daughters in the house he built on Lancaster Avenue in Wayne, PA. He was a tailor and I guess they lived above the tailor shop.
Is it possible to find census records or any other records without an ancestry.com membership? That's where I'm running into a wall. Everything seems to be through ancestry now. Before I could find Ellis island records and other things for free.
I wonder if you can help us find the names of Giandomenico's 7 daughters - we seem to be missing a few. One of them was my grandmother, Josephine. And we know of Aurora, Marianna and maybe Angela. Then there is either Settimia or Septimia. Not sure about the two others. We know he had 7 because we have a newspaper article about one of them and it said he lived with his 7 daughters in the house he built on Lancaster Avenue in Wayne, PA. He was a tailor and I guess they lived above the tailor shop.
Is it possible to find census records or any other records without an ancestry.com membership? That's where I'm running into a wall. Everything seems to be through ancestry now. Before I could find Ellis island records and other things for free.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Here is index listing of Angela's birth in Italy
Other information in the record of Angela Talone
from Italy, Chieti, Civil Registration (State Archive)
Name: Angela Talone
Event Type: Birth
Event Date: 06 Jan 1883
Event Place: Roccascalegna, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italia
Gender: Female
Father's Name: Giandomenico Talone
Mother's Name: Angela Maria Zinni
T.
Other information in the record of Angela Talone
from Italy, Chieti, Civil Registration (State Archive)
Name: Angela Talone
Event Type: Birth
Event Date: 06 Jan 1883
Event Place: Roccascalegna, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italia
Gender: Female
Father's Name: Giandomenico Talone
Mother's Name: Angela Maria Zinni
T.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Angela was stillborn ".... Angela che io riconosco essere senza vita..."
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 4.jpg.html
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 4.jpg.html
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Wow. Thank you.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Do you have a US Census for the family?
It would be helpful to know when they arrived and where each of the child were born (Italy or USA)
T.
It would be helpful to know when they arrived and where each of the child were born (Italy or USA)
T.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
No, I don't have a census for the family. It looks like he and his wife, Angela, were married in Italy. They are from Roccascalegna. Angela was born in Italy (but looks like she was stillborn) - it seems the other daughters were born in the US. I know they settled in Wayne, PA. Since the Ellis Island site shut down, I can't look for passenger records. Like I said, it seems all census records are only accessible if I pay for an Ancestry membership.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
kappra wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 17:55 No, I don't have a census for the family. It looks like he and his wife, Angela, were married in Italy. They are from Roccascalegna. Angela was born in Italy (but looks like she was stillborn) - it seems the other daughters were born in the US. I know they settled in Wayne, PA. Since the Ellis Island site shut down, I can't look for passenger records. Like I said, it seems all census records are only accessible if I pay for an Ancestry membership.
The Ellis Island records are still available...
https://libertyellisfoundation.org/
And there are also Census (and other) records available for free from www.familysearch.org
Here is the arrival of Ferdinando Talone, 73, tailor; wife, Elisabetta, 62, seamstress; and daughter, Ersilia, 22, weaver in 1904 (New York Port) to join son, Giandomenico Talone in Wayne PA
https://libertyellisfoundation.org/show ... cGciOw==/1
T.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Thank you Tessa! This is great. Also, thank you for the links to sites with free info.
I have a mystery (I think) that I'm wondering if you can solve....
It looks like Giandomenico has two different women listed as his mother. First his mother is listed as Marianna Travaligni (in the Italian record), and then on the ship manifest you shared with me, his mother is listed as Elisabetta De Laurentis. Do you have any idea why this could be?
I have a mystery (I think) that I'm wondering if you can solve....
It looks like Giandomenico has two different women listed as his mother. First his mother is listed as Marianna Travaligni (in the Italian record), and then on the ship manifest you shared with me, his mother is listed as Elisabetta De Laurentis. Do you have any idea why this could be?
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Hmmm. I will take another look at those records
I suspect that Giandomenico's mother, Marianna Travaglini, died. Possibly, Elisabetta is the wife of Ferdinando, but not the mother of Giandomenico.
Based on his birth record, his MOTHER is definitely Marianna Travaglini
NOTE: In Giandomenico's marriage record it states that his mother, Marianna Travaglini is deceased...
T.
I suspect that Giandomenico's mother, Marianna Travaglini, died. Possibly, Elisabetta is the wife of Ferdinando, but not the mother of Giandomenico.
Based on his birth record, his MOTHER is definitely Marianna Travaglini
NOTE: In Giandomenico's marriage record it states that his mother, Marianna Travaglini is deceased...
T.
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Hi, I'm kappra's cousin. I'm researching the family tree, also. Do you have any records of brothers or sisters of Giandomenico Talone?


