Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 441
Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 18:11
Location: Peninsula, San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by mjclayton1 »

Howard-

I didn't do an exhaustive search of 1909, but the Death Record for Silvestro Cantieri didn't jump out at me. Unfortunately, that year isn't indexed so you have to look through record by record.


Mark
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by erudita74 »

Mark
There's a death index at this link. Only one Silvestro who died in 1910 but the record isn't there.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043811

Erudita
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the death registration of Silvestro Cantieri in 1910 in Capannori... #48, Parte II, Series C
It is a transcription of an extract of death that was sent to the official from the Comune of Lucca. [in the book of deaths in Lucca, 1909, #32 in Parte II, Series B]
Silvestro died in the hospital there on 27 January 1909.
He was age 85, shoemaker, resident of Verciano. He was born to deceased Domenico, and deceased "NN" - no name given (the person making the declaration of death probably did not know his mother's name). He was the spouse of Margherita Cantieri.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043811

T.
hkendall65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 04 May 2018, 20:12

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by hkendall65 »

Thank you so much
hkendall65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 04 May 2018, 20:12

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by hkendall65 »

Thanks to all for your time and assistance.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by Tessa78 »

Correction to the record # in Comune of Lucca. Should be #39, not #32.

Here is the original record of death in Lucca - #39 - dated 27 January 1909
Death on same day at 8:20 AM.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=721079

T.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite
Posts: 441
Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 18:11
Location: Peninsula, San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by mjclayton1 »

Hi, Erudita: Long time, no “speaketh.” I hope you’re doing well… 
I only looked briefly into the records for 1909, as I didn’t have that much time for this (“distractions”). I didn’t see the January, 1909 record straight-away, so I quickly moved on to the other years/records. Also, as stated, to the best of my knowledge the (single) year 1909 isn’t actually indexed, however, I do note here that you’ve correctly identified the 1906-1915 “indici decennale” reference. It’s been many months since I’ve actively been in the Capannori records, so this was an oversight on my part…

I will add here that several years ago I spent several many, many moons indexing ALL of the Capannori records. By that I mean I have the EXACT starting page for both the various indici and also the records themselves for EACH YEAR and for ALL of the Birth, Marriage and Death records for the years 1866-1929. This was a large undertaking on my part, but at the time (a few years ago) I was spending so much time in those records “here and there” (jumping around) that it made sense to make all my subsequently searching much more “lickety-split”...

In general, and assuming I have the correct name and year to search, this means that I can find virtually ANY given Capannori Birth, Marriage or Death record in, oh, about 5 minutes or so. Where I struggle is translating beyond the basics, as I’m not fluent in Italian. Still, I definitely know how to extract the most important data. The bottom line is that all the hard work made this end work-product (spreadsheet) very nice to have and is the primary reason why I was able to find the various Cantieri records last night so quickly...

Anyway, not to unduly “brag” about that sort of thing here, but I suppose I’m just letting you guys (and gals) know that if you ever need help as to that comune, well, just send me a private message. At the same time, I know all you helpers here are SUPER-capable, so maybe you’ve created similar such “short-cuts” here or in other venues (although with so many comuni in all of Italy I’d think that would be extraordinarily unlikely)…

Hi (again), T: Very good find (1910). When I briefly looked in the year 1909 for Silvestro, I noted that there were numerous Part II record books (for specific communes), so I sort of glossed over that. Looks like I wouldn’t have found anything in 1909 anyway, so that’s good to know.

Thanks much to you both. You already know that I think you guys (gals) are just wonderful, but I will say that again here!

Mark
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by Tessa78 »

:wink:

T.
hkendall65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 04 May 2018, 20:12

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by hkendall65 »

I found this record for my Great Great Grandfather Saulle Bernadini, but no further records. Can anyone assist in finding possible birth record. It appears this is from Sant'Anna, Lucca Province.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hkendall65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 04 May 2018, 20:12

Re: Cantieri - Great Grandparents Information

Post by hkendall65 »

I was wondering how to find out possibly the house in Verciano No 19 in 1909 that my Great Grandparents lived in and also possibly where they would be buried. I'm planning a trip and would like to pay my respects while I am there.
Post Reply