Hello, I'm looking to retrieve birth/death/Marriage certificates (Year 1888) for my great grandparents from Turi, Bari, Pugglia, Italy.
Does anyone know if a return postage envelope is the best route to get these documents, and the office location I would mail the request to?
Do I include any money for fees?
Thank you!
Requesting documentation from a city in Italy?
Re: Requesting documentation from a city in Italy?
Hi and welcome to IG
Can you look through there?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... iano/Bari/
Marty
Can you look through there?
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... iano/Bari/
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Requesting documentation from a city in Italy?
Hello Sir:
Just a brief question and I hope that you can guide me to the right place.
I am trying to obtain the birth certificate of my grandmother. She was born in Palermo in 1902 and via ancestry.com, that site appeared to list a "volume" and "number" (page number) of the record book that would contain her birth certificate in Palermo. It even lists the place that has the record as "Ufficio 2." The information appears to have been obtained from microfilm records.
I looked online for the address of the Ufficio dello Stato , Anagrafe, in Palermo and there are several of them in various parts of the city and suburbs. Small towns in Italy have one anagrafe office as they only need one for smaller population groups but that does not appear to be the case for larger cities.
I have prepared a cover letter and completed the request form provided by the US Embassy in Italy website that is to be used when requesting a birth certificate from a comune in Italy.
Do you have any idea about how I could find out which Anagrafe office in Palermo would have birth records from 1902? Do they all share the same files? When I find out this information, at least I can take the next step and mail the request form with cover letter with copy of my photo I.D. to the right office.
Thank you
Respectfully,
Richard Esposito
Is there
Just a brief question and I hope that you can guide me to the right place.
I am trying to obtain the birth certificate of my grandmother. She was born in Palermo in 1902 and via ancestry.com, that site appeared to list a "volume" and "number" (page number) of the record book that would contain her birth certificate in Palermo. It even lists the place that has the record as "Ufficio 2." The information appears to have been obtained from microfilm records.
I looked online for the address of the Ufficio dello Stato , Anagrafe, in Palermo and there are several of them in various parts of the city and suburbs. Small towns in Italy have one anagrafe office as they only need one for smaller population groups but that does not appear to be the case for larger cities.
I have prepared a cover letter and completed the request form provided by the US Embassy in Italy website that is to be used when requesting a birth certificate from a comune in Italy.
Do you have any idea about how I could find out which Anagrafe office in Palermo would have birth records from 1902? Do they all share the same files? When I find out this information, at least I can take the next step and mail the request form with cover letter with copy of my photo I.D. to the right office.
Thank you
Respectfully,
Richard Esposito
Is there
Re: Requesting documentation from a city in Italy?
Didnt see you
Welcome to IG website
What is her birth record name and date of birth?
Let see your letter and email you sent?
Marty
Welcome to IG website
What is her birth record name and date of birth?
Let see your letter and email you sent?
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty

