I’m really having difficulty understanding the writing, as well as the mother’s name, which appears to be more than one name??? I tried putting this into a translator, but apparently I am not getting the words correctly. Can’t even figure out the date of birth! Link to the record (Crescenzi, the first one on the page):
http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... 2.jpg.html
Any help appreciated - thanks in advance!
Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
Re: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
Yes, the handwriting is difficult.
Here is what I can see...
#385 - Birth act of Lodovico Giuseppe Giacomo Lorenzo Crescenzi
Dated 18 April 1878 in Bergamo
Father: Luigi Crescienzi (spelling in the record), [son of deceased Giacomo], age 38, landowner residing in Bergamo
Mother: Caterina Ginami De Licini, Noble [daughter of deceased Lorenzo], his wife, landowner residing with him.
Child was born at 5 AM on the 17th of the current month.
Witnesses to the recording of the birth: Benvenuto Boretti, son of deceased Francesco, age 44, clerk; and Enrico Branchi, son of Carlo, 31, clerk.
T.
Here is what I can see...
#385 - Birth act of Lodovico Giuseppe Giacomo Lorenzo Crescenzi
Dated 18 April 1878 in Bergamo
Father: Luigi Crescienzi (spelling in the record), [son of deceased Giacomo], age 38, landowner residing in Bergamo
Mother: Caterina Ginami De Licini, Noble [daughter of deceased Lorenzo], his wife, landowner residing with him.
Child was born at 5 AM on the 17th of the current month.
Witnesses to the recording of the birth: Benvenuto Boretti, son of deceased Francesco, age 44, clerk; and Enrico Branchi, son of Carlo, 31, clerk.
T.
Re: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
That is so helpful! Thank you so much!
Re: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
Tessa78, one other question - is Caterina’s maiden name De Licini, or Noble? Is Ginami a family name? And is Caterina’s age given? Thanks!
Re: Need help translating/reading the writing for this birth record
I believe that Caterina has a double surname Ginami De Licini. Both surnames exist.
I am not sure about the "Noble" notation... but I suspect it is a title for a noblewoman.
No age given for Caterina.
In this birth of a daughter the year before, Catterina Ginami Dei Licini, is identified as a landowner.
http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ewsIndex=0
And...in their marriage act - October 1875
He is Giovanni Forte Luigi Crescenzi.
She is Maria Catterina Luigia Margherita Ginammi De Licini, Nob(l)e, age 21
http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ewsIndex=0
T.
I am not sure about the "Noble" notation... but I suspect it is a title for a noblewoman.
No age given for Caterina.
In this birth of a daughter the year before, Catterina Ginami Dei Licini, is identified as a landowner.
http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ewsIndex=0
And...in their marriage act - October 1875
He is Giovanni Forte Luigi Crescenzi.
She is Maria Catterina Luigia Margherita Ginammi De Licini, Nob(l)e, age 21
http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... ewsIndex=0
T.

