same names
-
EllenCatusco
- Elite

- Posts: 259
- Joined: 27 May 2018, 20:15
- Location: New Jersey
same names
Is it common in Italian culture to name one child after a child that has died? I have 2 Domenica in the family. One born is 1850 another in 1856. Same parents, and I have not found death for the first one. Just courious.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: same names
It's more about keeping to Italian naming customs though rather than naming baby after deceased baby.
This might help you to understand: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/articl ... ifications
Angela
This might help you to understand: https://www.italiangenealogy.com/articl ... ifications
Angela
-
EllenCatusco
- Elite

- Posts: 259
- Joined: 27 May 2018, 20:15
- Location: New Jersey
Re: same names
Thank you, very good article. Now I understand.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: same names
You are very welcome Ellen. I'm glad the article helped to clarify things for you.
Angela
Angela