Giaquinto Information needed (Found At Last)
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Hi Janice I hope, really, that you can find Gertrude.... hoping missingyou UK website reply you soon.... almost for to have the Gertrude email and IP pc for to know something.... my best wishes for you and Wayne... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
maybe good news ...........gertrude egan of Lowell mass was never married her obit lists her as single no children, so maybe there is still hope after all.
will keep our fingers crossed
thanks
janice
will keep our fingers crossed
thanks
janice
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Hi janice, this is a good new, really! I think that your Gertrude is again living.. no reply from missingyou? the "pressing" could be helpful...best wishes, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Suanj, Janice.......sent you both a pm.....
DeLisa
DeLisa
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Thanks Lisa, I already replied! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Did call the number for Teresa Giaquinto last night and the number is no longer in service. Never heard back from Missingyou so edited an existing message looking for Gertrude. Including the photo of her and Brian with friends in the 50's. Janice
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Hi Janice, Teresa was a good chance for to know more... but it is impossible to contact.. yes I understand... today I wrote to missingyou for to ask some detail about Gertrude location and email, I hope that they reply me... however my idea is that Gertrude again living... we find....regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
again can't thank you enough!!!!
at my daughter's now she is expeting in june a bambina would be nice to find the lost family
janice
at my daughter's now she is expeting in june a bambina would be nice to find the lost family
janice
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Hi hope that gertrude joining your family... my vote is for you... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Happy Saturday All;
am waiting for more photos to be sent via e-mail of Wayne in England as a child to post with the Missing you Message to his Mother. He did find out that she went more by the nickname "Trudy" rather than her full name Gertrude. And that she did visit Montreal Canada in the mid 50's with Mr Egan then returned to the States with him.
I am confused as to how she was listed on Wayne's UK birth Certificate: Gertrude Selwood, late Giaquinto, formerly Egan. One would assume that the "Late" is as we use "Nee" to refer to maiden name and the "formerly" to refer to a previous marriage. Though on the marriage License the only name showing is her maiden name and her father's name as James Giaquinto "Laborer".
Have yet to hear from missing you so will continue to be patient till mid week.
Janice
am waiting for more photos to be sent via e-mail of Wayne in England as a child to post with the Missing you Message to his Mother. He did find out that she went more by the nickname "Trudy" rather than her full name Gertrude. And that she did visit Montreal Canada in the mid 50's with Mr Egan then returned to the States with him.
I am confused as to how she was listed on Wayne's UK birth Certificate: Gertrude Selwood, late Giaquinto, formerly Egan. One would assume that the "Late" is as we use "Nee" to refer to maiden name and the "formerly" to refer to a previous marriage. Though on the marriage License the only name showing is her maiden name and her father's name as James Giaquinto "Laborer".
Have yet to hear from missing you so will continue to be patient till mid week.
Janice
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Hi Janice, late Giaquinto it means that James in 1950 was decesead... egan sure is the surname of previous marriage.. strange that is no mentioned the birthplace of USA State where she coming from... in the serach, now are only 2 persons called Giacomo Giaquinto that came in USA;
-the first was Giacomo Giaquinto age 25(?) , emigrated in 1911 coming from Sala (sala consilina/salerno province) wife in Italy Marta DE SIMONE joining Giovanni Pasquariello in Paterson NJ; this Giacomo back in Italy, and again emigrated in 1922, now with 35 age, joining Domenico brother in Paterson NJ.... no more infor about this trace..
-the second is Giacomo GIAQUINTA( GiaquintA) coming from Caltagirone(Sicily), age 16 in 1912 joining Giuseppe father in New York...
also is possible that a Giacomo arrived in another USA port, but on ellis island I found only this 2 person...
about Trudy/Trude/Gertie/Gertrude as first name no records... need to find some James Giaquinto decesead before of 1950 in USA for to find some trace..
no reply from missingyou again!
take care, suanj
-the first was Giacomo Giaquinto age 25(?) , emigrated in 1911 coming from Sala (sala consilina/salerno province) wife in Italy Marta DE SIMONE joining Giovanni Pasquariello in Paterson NJ; this Giacomo back in Italy, and again emigrated in 1922, now with 35 age, joining Domenico brother in Paterson NJ.... no more infor about this trace..
-the second is Giacomo GIAQUINTA( GiaquintA) coming from Caltagirone(Sicily), age 16 in 1912 joining Giuseppe father in New York...
also is possible that a Giacomo arrived in another USA port, but on ellis island I found only this 2 person...
about Trudy/Trude/Gertie/Gertrude as first name no records... need to find some James Giaquinto decesead before of 1950 in USA for to find some trace..
no reply from missingyou again!
take care, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
Hi Janice & everyone,
I keep on thinking about this & hoping for a happy ending!
I may be way off base here, but..............................
I keep on asking myself "Why did she post on missingyou UK site. Think about it....................She is about 75 in 2000 and probably not very knowledgeable about computers.
I'm no computer whiz either, so.............................
Wouldn't the missingyou.uk come up first if you're searching for a place to post a message for a missing person, if you were in the UK? Wouldn't it have made more sense for her to have posted on a Canadian or US site?
So, should we be looking for her in the UK?
Thinking this, I did a check for Gertrude in the Uk free BMD and there are 6.
I don't have a subscription for the UK collection, but someone who does may want to check this.
Any thoughts on this? Anyone
I keep on thinking about this & hoping for a happy ending!
I may be way off base here, but..............................
I keep on asking myself "Why did she post on missingyou UK site. Think about it....................She is about 75 in 2000 and probably not very knowledgeable about computers.
I'm no computer whiz either, so.............................
Wouldn't the missingyou.uk come up first if you're searching for a place to post a message for a missing person, if you were in the UK? Wouldn't it have made more sense for her to have posted on a Canadian or US site?
So, should we be looking for her in the UK?
Thinking this, I did a check for Gertrude in the Uk free BMD and there are 6.
Any thoughts on this? Anyone
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
As far as Gertrude knew, her son was in Canada, correct? So why would she post in Uk...why not in Canada.......you may be on to something............I don't have the Uk subscription, only Us.......but maybe we can do some general searches and see if we cannot turn up another post by her on another message board........long shot, but worth a try........
I read this thread to my mom and it brought tears to her eyes.......would really like a miracle here........
DeLisa
I read this thread to my mom and it brought tears to her eyes.......would really like a miracle here........
DeLisa
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
deleted
Re: Giaquinto Information needed
I have a full subscribtion to ancestry and I believe it includes UK info. Tell me what exactly you need to look up and I'll see if I get access records.
Throw me som names and ideas since you all have been following this closely and I'll do the searches.
Hopefully this will help!
Nuccia
Throw me som names and ideas since you all have been following this closely and I'll do the searches.
Hopefully this will help!
Nuccia


