My grandfather's brother, Giovanni Donato Bordessa, came to the States in March of 1913, on his way to his brother's place in California. In looking at the ship's manifest for him, there is a notation that I at first thought said "With Friend", but in looking at it again, I think may be something else, with a word below and some numbers to the right. Here is the image:
http://img519.imageshack.us/i/donatonotation.jpg/
Would anyone familiar with notations on manifests care to speculate?
Grazie,
Jerry
Notation on a ship's manifest??
Re: Notation on a ship's manifest??
Jerry
Best guess
With ward, manifest page 21, line 13
Valarie
Best guess
With ward, manifest page 21, line 13
Valarie
Re: Notation on a ship's manifest??
Bull's eye the first time, Valarie. Nice interpretation. I went to page 21 of the manifest, line 13, and found Maria Pozni of Garzeno, Italy, going to the Bodega Bay area to see a "Friend Giuseppe Albini". That's really Maria Pozzi. The Pozzis and Albinis and Bordessas are all inter-related in Garzeno, and I'll be looking into the connections for this Maria Pozzi.
I appreciate your help. Now I know what those two-part numbers mean on the manifests.
Grazie mille,
Jerry
I appreciate your help. Now I know what those two-part numbers mean on the manifests.
Grazie mille,
Jerry
-
oblueyes@gmail.com
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 04:32
Re: Notation on a ship's manifest??
Hi,
I am related to the Bordessas and the Albinis that came to Bodega Bay.
Thanks
I am related to the Bordessas and the Albinis that came to Bodega Bay.
Thanks

