Hello, I am confident that I am eligible but confused on whether my cousin is.
- Our great grandparents were born in Italy in 1860s/1870s. They immigrated to the US in 1913.
- Our grandfather was born in 1914 in the US.
- Our great grandfather never naturalized, and passed away in the 1930s.
- Our great grandmother did naturalize, but late in her life.
- Our grandfather married a non-Italian woman in the US; they were the natural parents of our respective mothers.
- Neither of our mothers' spouses were of Italian descent.
- both my cousin and I were born after 1948.
So far, it would seem that with supporting documents, we would both be eligible, but my mother was born after 1948 and my cousin's mother was born before 1948 but after 1929. Does that make any difference? Would he require a 1948 case?
Thank you.
EDIT: My interpretation is that since our mothers obtained their right to citizenship through their father, our mothers' birth years are irrelevant. And, since we were born after 1948, we are eligible through are mothers. Is that correct?
jure sanguinis eligibility
Re: jure sanguinis eligibility
Your interpretation is correct. You are both eligible, and neither line requires a 1948 case.
Re: jure sanguinis eligibility
Thank you Mler, I will pass on the good news to my cousin!mler wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 16:45 Your interpretation is correct. You are both eligible, and neither line requires a 1948 case.

