Hi all,
Trying to figure out this branch of my tree. I have a birth record for a Nunzia Maria Stella and marriages for her to Marcantonio Segreto and then to Girolamo Stasolla. I have Marcantonio's death record as well. All are consistent with one another.
I then have come across a number of births to Marcantonio Segreto. Some list the mom as Maria (birth 1), some as Maria Oronzia (births 2 through 4) and some as Nunzia (births 5 and 6). Marcantonio's age varies widely across these birth records. Mom (Maria, Nunzia, Maria Oronzia) does not appear to have an age listed. I've also looked at each of the children's marriages, and the mom's name always matches what is on their individual birth records. I'm scratching my head. However, the address is mostly consistent across the records.
I'd like opinions as to whether you think this is the same couple? Or whether there are 2 Marcantonio Segreto's...one married to Maria Oronzia Stella and the other married to Nunzia Maria Stella. Note that I've only found one marriage for a Marcantonio Segreto in the time frame from 1861 to 1888. The births are all listed below. I'm going to list Nunzia's birth and marriages in a reply, as I'm only allowed 9 urls per post.
Possible children's births:
Giovanni Segreto, 1872
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Bartolomeo segreto, 1875
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Tomasso Segreto, 1878
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Vitantonio, 1880
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Paola Segreto, 1882
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Paola Segreto death, jan 1885 (age 2 years, 3 months)
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Paola Segreto, dec 1885
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Marcantonio Segreto, 1888
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
So...thoughts? Same couple? 2 different couples?
thanks!
Jen
Mystery: Nunzia Maria vs. Maria Oronzia Stella
Re: Mystery: Nunzia Maria vs. Maria Oronzia Stella
Here are the records I have for Nunzia Maria:
Birth, Nunzia Maria Stella, 1853
Parents Bartolomeo Stella & Angela Rotunno (note Bartolomeo's mother was Maria Oronzia Solfrizzi)
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Nunzia marriage #1, 1872
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html
Nunzia marriage #2, 1896
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Marcantonio death, 1887:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Birth, Nunzia Maria Stella, 1853
Parents Bartolomeo Stella & Angela Rotunno (note Bartolomeo's mother was Maria Oronzia Solfrizzi)
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Nunzia marriage #1, 1872
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html
Nunzia marriage #2, 1896
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Marcantonio death, 1887:
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
Re: Mystery: Nunzia Maria vs. Maria Oronzia Stella
I'd say they are the same couple, or would be missing:
Maria Oronzia's birth
Her marriage to MArcantonio
and MArcantonio's death
if you find none of them, you can be quite sure.
Maria Oronzia's birth
Her marriage to MArcantonio
and MArcantonio's death
if you find none of them, you can be quite sure.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Mystery: Nunzia Maria vs. Maria Oronzia Stella
thanks so much! for weighing in. my belief is that they are the same as well but wanted a second set of eyes!

