Locating My Great Grandmothers Birth Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
imwormer
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 13:53
Location: Middletown New Jersey U.S.A.

Locating My Great Grandmothers Birth Certificate

Post by imwormer »

Hello All,

Could someone please help me with locating my great grandmothers birth certificate. I couldn't have gotten this far without the help of this website, and I'm having trouble of just letting this topic go and I'm inquiring on what I should do next. I believe there's a discrepancy with her birth year, I do know she resided in the town Cammarata but I am not sure if she was born there, since there's no record off her. All the information I have is that her headstone reads the year of death at 1863. Her death certificate shows her at the age of 72 in 1939 making her (DOB) 1867? if this is correct her marriage certificate shows her at the age of 11 being married in 1878? or 15 years old going off the date on her head stone???
I have wrote to the commune of Cammarata in which they sent me her marriage extract, but no birth record was found. Also I have written in to the Church of St. Nicolo di Bari with a small donation and have gotten no reply to date. Any and all information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanking You
James
Attachments
Concetta Marraige Extract Cropped.jpg
User avatar
imwormer
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 13:53
Location: Middletown New Jersey U.S.A.

Re: Locating My Great Grandmothers Birth Certificate

Post by imwormer »

Great Grandmother Headstone,
Attachments
027.jpg
User avatar
imwormer
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 13:53
Location: Middletown New Jersey U.S.A.

Re: Locating My Great Grandmothers Birth Certificate

Post by imwormer »

Great Grandmothers marriage extract.
Attachments
Concetta Marriage Cert Resized.jpg
User avatar
imwormer
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 13:53
Location: Middletown New Jersey U.S.A.

Re: Locating My Great Grandmothers Birth Certificate

Post by imwormer »

Great Grandmothers Death Cert
Attachments
Concetta Death Cert resized.jpg
RandyAversano
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:53

Re:Applying for Dual Citizenship

Post by RandyAversano »

I want to apply for italian citizenship through jure sanguinis. My grandfather came to this country in 1903 but never applied for naturalization. All US Census state he is "Alien". How do I get proof that he didn't become naturalized?
thomasc010
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Apr 2019, 09:58

Re: Re:Applying for Dual Citizenship

Post by thomasc010 »

RandyAversano wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 18:10 I want to apply for italian citizenship through jure comparateur assurance chat sanguinis. My grandfather came to this country in 1903 but never applied for naturalization. All US Census state he is "Alien". How do I get proof that he didn't become naturalized?
Hello!
This is a good article because there are many tips to reconstituate my ancestor.
Post Reply