Grandfather’s West Virginia birth certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
BenSas
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 23:14

Grandfather’s West Virginia birth certificate

Post by BenSas »

Hello. I am in the process of gathering records and have run into a problem with my mother’s father. He was born in West Virginia in 1915. This was before WV mandated birth certificates. The best I was able to find was a scanned page from a registry documenting his birth with his father’s name listed and his birth date. The page cuts off listing his mother. I have seen other scanned documents listing his mother such as his draft card. Is this going to prevent me from moving forward? Thank you all so much for the information and support.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Grandfather’s West Virginia birth certificate

Post by mler »

Why not contact the registry and find out what type of certified documentations they can provided in lieu of an actual birth certificate. You may also want to check if, based on the registry, you can obtain a delayed birth certificate.
BenSas
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 23:14

Re: Grandfather’s West Virginia birth certificate

Post by BenSas »

I will try that. Thank you so much.
jvoo75188
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jul 2019, 13:50

Re: Grandfather’s West Virginia birth certificate

Post by jvoo75188 »

I will try that too. Thanks!
Crowdfunding can be a really interesting topic for an essay. I suggest you to check out this source payforessay.net as it has has prompts on how to write great papers.
georgehazel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Nov 2024, 12:36

Re: Grandfather’s West Virginia birth certificate

Post by georgehazel »

I'll give that a try, thank you! Crowdfunding could make for a fascinating essay topic. You might want to explore this source: https://writingessayhelp.com/, which offers prompts and tips for writing excellent papers.
Post Reply