I need help to interpret correctly manifest of Alien Immigrants

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
gerasantucci
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Oct 2018, 18:07

I need help to interpret correctly manifest of Alien Immigrants

Post by gerasantucci »

Hello,
I would need your help to interpret the record containing the immigration data of my great uncle that I've found on libertyellisfoundation.org.
In particular I would need your help to confirm the data contained in the column "final destination in the US" that I interpreted as "New Ham.." and the data contained in the column "whether going to join a relative, and if so, what relative, their name and address that I partially interpreted as "17 President .... ".

Image

Thank you in advance for your help.

Gerardo
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: I need help to interpret correctly manifest of Alien Immigrants

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

It would be great if you could post the full manifest. Thank you.

Final destination might possibly be "New Haven"???

It looks like he was going to visit his "uncle" at 17 President Street.

His uncle's name: Antonio/Antonino Fiorilla.

Angela
Post Reply