Italian record request

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Chocopies
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 86
Joined: 01 Mar 2018, 07:25

Italian record request

Post by Chocopies »

Hello, I am preparing to request official copies of three records (two birth records and one marriage). I and two relatives are all preparing jure sanguinis petitions and wonder if we would be doing the comune a favor by combining our requests instead of sending three identical requests. I already have digital copies of these records, so I know the names and exact dates.

Should I request all three documents in triplicate at once, or
make three separate requests, one request per record asking for 3 copies, or,
since there are three of us, one request each for all three records?

It's a small comune in Sicily, and I have checked their town page, finding the address to send the request to, but nothing concerning fees or procedure. If I spoke good Italian I would just call and ask but...

What do you recommend? Also, should I send money too, and if so, how much? I know that there is no hard and fast answer to these questions, so I am just looking for advice here. Thank you!
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Italian record request

Post by Italysearcher »

Request all documents at once and include an addressed envelope and some photo ID:
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Italian record request

Post by mler »

I recently sent for records and included a stamped and self-addressed envelope for their use. If you are unable to get Italian stamps on your own, try Avepally at fiverr. He can get them for you.
Post Reply