So I think this postcard is from my great grandfather's sister (Rita, maybe?). Any help transcribing/translating would be awesome.
https://i.postimg.cc/nzJBfCq3/postcard.jpg
Postcard from Italy
-
bbivona
- Master

- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 21 Jul 2018, 00:43
- Location: Texas e Sicilia, provincia di Trapani
Re: Postcard from Italy
Dear brother Alturo I write you this postcard to let you know of our good health and I hope that it is the same for you and your family. We were very happy to receive your letter and to receive your portrait because we do not know you any more, and we have the pleasure to also receive one of your family. I send you also the most sincere greetings from me and from all of us at home. Dear brother, I ask you to take a good look at these pictures of us, your two sisters and to do me the favor of sending my greetings to your wife. Good bye.
Regarding your comments on the signature, I'm assuming that you're looking at the circled item in the upside down section. I don't think it is Rita. At first glance it looks like that could be an "R" but if you look carefully, the top part of the R belongs to the "C" in Caro (Dear) in the greeting of the letter. It looks to me more like something along the lines of Ciceta.
Regarding your comments on the signature, I'm assuming that you're looking at the circled item in the upside down section. I don't think it is Rita. At first glance it looks like that could be an "R" but if you look carefully, the top part of the R belongs to the "C" in Caro (Dear) in the greeting of the letter. It looks to me more like something along the lines of Ciceta.
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
