Surname Daniele from Calabria
-
Debbie.Cooper
- Newbie

- Posts: 17
- Joined: 01 Dec 2013, 05:28
Surname Daniele from Calabria
After years of searching, I found that my Grandfather was not Michael DiPietro, but rather Francesco Daniele. He was from Calabria. When he moved to the United States and settled in Watertown, Mass. he changed his name to Frank Daniels. Does anyone have information on this surname or my grandfather. His also had a son Nicholas who was born in Italy as well as his wife. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Debbie Cooper
Debbie Cooper
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
If this WWII registration card is your grandfather's... he was born in Torre di Ruggiero, Province of Catanzaro, Calabria Region, on 17 June 891.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V12T-8HY
Here is the birth act of Francesco Daniele in Torre di Ruggiero on 20 June 1891. (#49)
Father: Nicola Daniele, 30, farmer
Mother: Maria Grazia Pirruncello, his wife, farmer
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
T.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V12T-8HY
Here is the birth act of Francesco Daniele in Torre di Ruggiero on 20 June 1891. (#49)
Father: Nicola Daniele, 30, farmer
Mother: Maria Grazia Pirruncello, his wife, farmer
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
T.
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Francesco Daniele Naturalization Information. Based on this, Francesco initially emigrated to Boston in 1907, married his wife Immaculate in 1913 in Watertown. Sometime after their marrIage Immaculata returned to Italy where she gave birth to their first son Nicola; unclear whether Francesco returned to Italy with her. Subsequently, at least Immaculata and son Nicola returned to the US.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Possible birth act of Francesco's wife Maria Immacolata DeStefano, born Torre di Ruggiero on 6 Dec 1895 at Vico Pelaggi, number 10, birth act #56. This is the only birth in 1895 with the first name Immacolata.
Daughter of Maria Grazia Citino, daughter of Domenico Citino, and Vincenzo DeStefano, son of Nicola.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
Biff
Daughter of Maria Grazia Citino, daughter of Domenico Citino, and Vincenzo DeStefano, son of Nicola.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043789
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
-
Debbie.Cooper
- Newbie

- Posts: 17
- Joined: 01 Dec 2013, 05:28
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Yes this is my grandfather's WWIi registration.
-
Debbie.Cooper
- Newbie

- Posts: 17
- Joined: 01 Dec 2013, 05:28
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Yes this is my grandfather's WWII registration.
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Marriage publication 1888 Dec 20th in the town of Torre di Ruggieri Nicola Domencio Daniele 26,farmer born in Torre di Ruggieri son of deceased Pietro Daniele and Rosa Cristello to married Maria Grazia Caterina Pirruncello,18 yrs his wife, farmer born in Torre di Ruggieri daughter of deceased
Francesco Pirruncello and Teresa Sozzo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=729059
Marty
Francesco Pirruncello and Teresa Sozzo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=729059
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
-
Debbie.Cooper
- Newbie

- Posts: 17
- Joined: 01 Dec 2013, 05:28
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Thank you so much for the information.
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Hi Debbie,
I am the granddaughter of Frank Daniels of Watertown,Mass. He was from Calabrian and this is all of his information of his date birth and my grandmother information as wee as my uncle Nick's.
Are you from Massachusetts?
Please contact me, I am going to Italy in August and was trying to find some information about my grand parents.
Thank you,
Karen Hall
I am the granddaughter of Frank Daniels of Watertown,Mass. He was from Calabrian and this is all of his information of his date birth and my grandmother information as wee as my uncle Nick's.
Are you from Massachusetts?
Please contact me, I am going to Italy in August and was trying to find some information about my grand parents.
Thank you,
Karen Hall
-
Debbie.Cooper
- Newbie

- Posts: 17
- Joined: 01 Dec 2013, 05:28
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Hi Karen,
I do not live in MA. I was born in NY and I currently live in North Carolina.
My email address is nygirl855@hotmail.com. It would be easier to share information that way. Send me an email so I have your email address. I was in Italy before covid hit but didn't get to Calabria. I will be happy to share information from a woman that did research in Italy. It is nice hearing from you. Do you have a photo of him that you could share?
Debbie
I do not live in MA. I was born in NY and I currently live in North Carolina.
My email address is nygirl855@hotmail.com. It would be easier to share information that way. Send me an email so I have your email address. I was in Italy before covid hit but didn't get to Calabria. I will be happy to share information from a woman that did research in Italy. It is nice hearing from you. Do you have a photo of him that you could share?
Debbie
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
I am visiting Calabria in August 2023 and wondering how I can see if my grandparents still have family members in Torre di Ruggiero.
Would you know how I could search this? Grandparents; Francesco Daniele and Immacolata De Stefano.
Thank you,
Karen
Would you know how I could search this? Grandparents; Francesco Daniele and Immacolata De Stefano.
Thank you,
Karen
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
You might check the italian phine book (landlines only) and write to prospective relatives before your trip...
Here are the listings for surname DANIELE (listings are last name first) in Torre di Ruggiero and surrounding towns.
https://www.paginebianche.it/aziende?qs ... ero%20(CZ)
A check surname De Stefano resulted in no listings in the town/area.
T.
Here are the listings for surname DANIELE (listings are last name first) in Torre di Ruggiero and surrounding towns.
https://www.paginebianche.it/aziende?qs ... ero%20(CZ)
A check surname De Stefano resulted in no listings in the town/area.
T.
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Thank you so much for this information!
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
search Internet. Italian white pages, social media, etc.
Contact them before you leave!
http://www.comune.torrediruggiero.cz.it/
If the town is small, just ask around and visit the town hall and library when you get there.
Contact them before you leave!
http://www.comune.torrediruggiero.cz.it/
If the town is small, just ask around and visit the town hall and library when you get there.
Re: Surname Daniele from Calabria
Many thanks for your help!