Giaquinto Information needed (Found At Last)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by wldspirit »

A virtual bar....now there's an idea!!!!!!!

I feel for this family......just the thought of someone taking my son from me, never to see him again........I cannot even begin to imagine the heartbreak, the pain..... :cry:
I pray to God that this family will be reunited.......
Lisa
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

I keep thinking exactly the same thing myself. Imagine fifty years not knowing where your son is, and knowing that he thinks another woman is his mother, and knows nothing about you. It would rip you in two. And poor Wayne - what must he be feeling. First of all he finds his mother isn't his mother, then he thinks his birth mother abandoned him, and now he finds out she has been looking for him all this time. All this had being going on for fifty years. its heartbreaking. I pray this is the right Gertrude and at least there can be a happy ending.

Suanj - finding an Italian on the ground was an inspired idea!!!

Marisa xx
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

just wanted to take a minute a check the e-mails nothing yet from seniors center

marisa.........a virtual bar what a fantastic idea. our little icons would have a riot.

Patience is the key now it has been 50 years now but it is hard to be patient

hugs to all your little man too lisa

janice
User avatar
mahart
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 104
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Liverpool, England
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by mahart »

Hi Janice and everyone,

This is what I’ve found up to now:

B Selwood married Gertrude Giaquinto in Wallasey, Wirral (across the River Mersey from Liverpool) 1950, Quarter: October – December Vol 10a Page 1043

Wayne .D. G. Egan Born in Wallasey, Wirral, 1951, Vol 10a Page 865. Quarter July-September

To obtain certificates you need to contact:
The Registry Office, Wirral Registration District, Town Hall, Mortimer Street, Birkenhead, Wirral CH41 5EU, England Tel: 0151 606 2020 (better to call)
Open 9am – 4pm British time
Certificate copies both birth and marriage cost £7.00 each (English sterling).
Website: :P http://www.wirral.gov.uk/

You can also obtain B Selwood maritime career details UK National Archives at this link:
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/search.asp

Type Selwood, B in the box for word or phrase
And BT 372 in the box for Department and series code click search and it will take you to B Selwood. The date you see will be his D.O.B and the place he was born. From here you can purchase a digital copy, which is emailed as JPEGs to you within 24 hours, cost £8.50. You will get a photograph of him and his maritime career details.

I will also post details of Gertrude on a Merseyside (Liverpool Region) Heritage/family history forum, which is very good and helpful. I will also keep digging around see if I can find anything else out.

Or any other suggestions do not hesitate to ask

Regards. :P
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by brujaojos »

suanj wrote: PS:if someone can look this record (for this person of italian roots that search about gertrude)
California Death Index, 1940-1997 Record
Birth, Marriage, & Death
Name: SESTINO DEGRAZIA
Birth: date - OTHER COUNTRY
Death: dd mm 1997 - city
thanks( a search in another search)
Hi Suanj,

Don't know if anyone got you the information, but here it is.

California Death Index, 1940-1997 Record

Name: DEGRAZIA, SESTINO
Social Security #: 553242321
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 13 Aug 1925
Birthplace: OTHER COUNTRY
Death Date: 11 Aug 1997
Death Place: SAN DIEGO
Mother's Maiden Name: FALVO
Father's Surname:


hugs
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

HI Trish thank you this is the ancestor of man that help in Silver Spring, many thanks, God Bless, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jcsm400 »

This is review on the different online investigation sites. Thought it might be useful information.

http://www.onlinereviewboard.com/3besto ... JAodqmfu8g
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by suanj »

Hi mark, great help! the italiangenealogy team is great!
Lisa I hope all well for your son, to give many kisses from me!
Marisa, really only a italian could make this for we in silver Spring.. also this Italian (Anthony) think that this Gertrude could be the right mother, I hope that he can go in 3490 Citrus St...! best regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

Well Hello All;

just read all the news and checked my e-mails and nothing as yet............didn't get that e-mail to tkolsch@renonevada.com bounced back either, interesting.

Thanks to Mark did order some records on Brian may find something there also on his father. Funny thing though the DOB was 04/06/1924 not 04/06/1926 as per his birth certificate. Lied about his age to get into the service maybe?? They should be in within 24hours.

Just checked my daughter's e-mail nothing there either.

hugs
janice
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jcsm400 »

Original email has not bounced back, but no reply either! :roll:



Has anyone called "Family to Family" in Silver Springs? (Last listing on post by Marisa6, page 11?)

or

Winnifred Kolsch (connected to Kolsch Trust) in Sun Lake, AR?


Edit-What happen to my emotion :?: I give up!???????
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

There must be a record somewhere of Gertrudes divorce from her first husband. Even if it gave nothing else, it would tell us where she was in the years before she came to England to marry Brian. She must have had to supply proof of the divorce in England before her second marriage. Any ideas Mark?

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

Just spoke with Martha Kolsch and she tells me that she isn't related to the Kolschs in Silver Springs and that mine was the second call of the day and apologized for not being able to help me what a darlin.

Tried the other #s from Kolschs and they are no longer in service.

Winnifred is the next on my list have to keep better records don't remember if I called her yet.

Marisa how do you do it............what is it there 11pm or later??

Janice
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by Marisa6 »

At the moment - 23:40. I am a bit of a night owl - its the only time I get peace! Anyway - this is kind of personal now - I can't sleep for thinking about it - so I might as well be up! I hope tomorrow brings more results!

lots of love

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: canada

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by jancrowe »

well now marisa and all

No quiet for me that darn she cat in her season 5 times since march 1st driving me crazy.....to be spayed next thursday.

just got off the phone with winnifred Kolsch an 80 yr old Manitoban born Arizonian. Her husband and his family come from New York State.....interessssting. Now she does not know the Kolschs from NEvada but did take my e-mail address and will give it to her daughter who just loves looking into things like this. So have told our story to another lady (In the greatest sense of the word) as she wrote down all the particulars. told me that even as old as she is thinks that Gertrude "t" kolsch sending out a message for our Gertrude sounded too coincidental not to be the same.

Soooooo maybe time to check into marriage records for John and Gertrude in New York??
@reno.ca and @reno.us just came back no go
Am I nutzzz

Janice
Post Reply