My family (Belli) comes from Patrica near Frosinone in Italy. Many of them ended up in New Bedford, Massachusetts, USA. If anyone has any information about Patrica in general, or can tell me where to find info such as contacts for vital information, I would be very appreciative.
Thank you,
Chris
Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, Italy
Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, Italy
Mille Grazie
Chris
Ciao a tutti i miei cugini possibili
Chris
Ciao a tutti i miei cugini possibili
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, It
Welcome to the Forum Chris!
Here's the address for vital records
Valarie
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Patrica
Via del Plebiscito 1
03010 Patrica FR
ITALY
http://www.tuttitalia.it/lazio/84-patrica/
---
Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
---
Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
Or other helpful form letters:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Here's the address for vital records
Valarie
Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Patrica
Via del Plebiscito 1
03010 Patrica FR
ITALY
http://www.tuttitalia.it/lazio/84-patrica/
---
Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
---
Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
Or other helpful form letters:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, It
Chris,
If you have a lot of family to research in PÃ trica, this may help
Valarie
---
Your nearest Family History Center can order records for PÃ trica on microfilm.
The cost is about $5.50 mo (rent), you’ll need to go to the center to order & view them.
Topic:
Italy, Frosinone, PÃ trica - Civil registration
Title:
Registri dello stato civile di PÃ trica (Frosinone), 1875-1892 PÃ trica (Frosinone).
Ufficio dello stato civile
Film notes for PÃ trica
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... ++di++P%26 &columns=*,0,0
---
In case you aren’t familiar with the Family History Center & Italian records
FamilySearch Home Page
Includes how to find your nearest local Family History Center
You may want to call first to verify the hours they're open.
Most centers are staffed with very helpful volunteers.
A helpful essay written by Trish, one of our forum members:
Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center
Family History Library Catalog:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
---
Italian Record Research from FamilySearch guides:
Italy Research Outline
---
Also from FamilySearch (PDF format)
Italian Records Extraction - An Instructional Guide
---
Three books that may help you to find, read & understand your records:
Italian Genealogical Records
How to Use Italian Civil, Ecclesiastical, &
Other Records in Family History Research
By Tafford R Cole
google book link
A Genealogist’s Guide to
Discovering Your Italian Ancestors
How to find and record your unique heritage
By Lynn Nelson
google book link
Finding Italian Roots
By John Philip Colletta, PhD
google book link
If you have a lot of family to research in PÃ trica, this may help
Valarie
---
Your nearest Family History Center can order records for PÃ trica on microfilm.
The cost is about $5.50 mo (rent), you’ll need to go to the center to order & view them.
Topic:
Italy, Frosinone, PÃ trica - Civil registration
Title:
Registri dello stato civile di PÃ trica (Frosinone), 1875-1892 PÃ trica (Frosinone).
Ufficio dello stato civile
Film notes for PÃ trica
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... ++di++P%26 &columns=*,0,0
---
In case you aren’t familiar with the Family History Center & Italian records
FamilySearch Home Page
Includes how to find your nearest local Family History Center
You may want to call first to verify the hours they're open.
Most centers are staffed with very helpful volunteers.
A helpful essay written by Trish, one of our forum members:
Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center
Family History Library Catalog:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
---
Italian Record Research from FamilySearch guides:
Italy Research Outline
---
Also from FamilySearch (PDF format)
Italian Records Extraction - An Instructional Guide
---
Three books that may help you to find, read & understand your records:
Italian Genealogical Records
How to Use Italian Civil, Ecclesiastical, &
Other Records in Family History Research
By Tafford R Cole
google book link
A Genealogist’s Guide to
Discovering Your Italian Ancestors
How to find and record your unique heritage
By Lynn Nelson
google book link
Finding Italian Roots
By John Philip Colletta, PhD
google book link
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, It
Also:
General info on the comune: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrica
The comune's official website: http://www.comune.patrica.fr.it/
A helpful Google translated version of the official website: http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=it&tl=en
It's a new website and many of the links lead to dead-ends.
The old site is here http://www.patrica.info/public/patrica2005/index.html
Google translation of old site: http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... index.html
General info on the comune: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrica
The comune's official website: http://www.comune.patrica.fr.it/
A helpful Google translated version of the official website: http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... l=it&tl=en
It's a new website and many of the links lead to dead-ends.
The old site is here http://www.patrica.info/public/patrica2005/index.html
Google translation of old site: http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... index.html
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, It
When you say "welcome" you really mean it! Thank you all for your fast, info packed responses. You probably won't see me in the forum for a while because you gave me so much help it'll take me some time to go through it all.
Thank you all again, and hopefully one day I won't be such a newbie, and I can pass along to another newbie, the kindness you've shown me.
Thank you all again, and hopefully one day I won't be such a newbie, and I can pass along to another newbie, the kindness you've shown me.
Mille Grazie
Chris
Ciao a tutti i miei cugini possibili
Chris
Ciao a tutti i miei cugini possibili
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, It
Please drop back in any time, and we'd really like to know how your research progesses.
Valarie
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, It
Send me your address in a private message and I will send you a Video about the town. Its even in English!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
- Nikkimarie
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 06 Oct 2010, 01:13
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, It
My Grandmother was raised in Patrica and I am looking for any information that I could use to put together a slide show for her. She is 92 years old and this is something that I really think she would love to see. Thank you!!
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, It
Nikkimarie:
My great-grandparents all came from Patrica to America somewhere between 1899 and 1907. I have found much information and many contacts through this forum. In fact, the post before yours (from Ann Tatangelo - angelcommunications.spaces.live.com) was a very big help to me. Also, through Facebook I found an Italian group and befriended Nicola Belli Codan (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1654456978) and also Stefano Belli (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1055015953) (http://www.stefanobelli.it/intro/intro.htm) who just happens to be the Mayor of Patrica. I think that if you contact any one or all of them, you will find them to be very helpful.
If I can be of any assistance, please let me know, and please wish you grandmother "tanti aguri di buon compleanno". It seems that there is something good in the air of Patrica. My greatgrandmother was born there and lived to be 99 years old.
I'd be very interested in getting some information about Patrica from your grandmother and you, and in turn, sharing what I know of my family with you. In fact, your grandmother may be related to my family. Patrica is a very small town. Here are a couple more interesting websites you can visit.
(http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3701133); (http://www.casa.it/vendita-residenziale ... a-1?ps=100); (http://genealitalia.blogspot.com/). I have a beautiful picture of Patrica in the winter, but it's not appropriate to post here. Also if you check out "google earth" you can get a very unique perspective on the town and the area around it.
Hopefully I've helped somewhat. If you'd like to, you can reach me at cjperry56@comcast.net or on my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/cjperry56. Good luck on your search.
My great-grandparents all came from Patrica to America somewhere between 1899 and 1907. I have found much information and many contacts through this forum. In fact, the post before yours (from Ann Tatangelo - angelcommunications.spaces.live.com) was a very big help to me. Also, through Facebook I found an Italian group and befriended Nicola Belli Codan (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1654456978) and also Stefano Belli (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1055015953) (http://www.stefanobelli.it/intro/intro.htm) who just happens to be the Mayor of Patrica. I think that if you contact any one or all of them, you will find them to be very helpful.
If I can be of any assistance, please let me know, and please wish you grandmother "tanti aguri di buon compleanno". It seems that there is something good in the air of Patrica. My greatgrandmother was born there and lived to be 99 years old.
I'd be very interested in getting some information about Patrica from your grandmother and you, and in turn, sharing what I know of my family with you. In fact, your grandmother may be related to my family. Patrica is a very small town. Here are a couple more interesting websites you can visit.
(http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3701133); (http://www.casa.it/vendita-residenziale ... a-1?ps=100); (http://genealitalia.blogspot.com/). I have a beautiful picture of Patrica in the winter, but it's not appropriate to post here. Also if you check out "google earth" you can get a very unique perspective on the town and the area around it.
Hopefully I've helped somewhat. If you'd like to, you can reach me at cjperry56@comcast.net or on my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/cjperry56. Good luck on your search.
Mille Grazie
Chris
Ciao a tutti i miei cugini possibili
Chris
Ciao a tutti i miei cugini possibili
Re: Looking for information about Patrica near Frosinone, Italy
I know this is a really old board, but I stumbled upon it while researching. I too am looking for Belli family members who lived in Patrica and immigrated around the same time, to Pennsylvania rather than Massachusetts, but I wonder if this is the same family. My great-grandmother had the last name Belli and was a twin. She was given up for adoption when born, the twin kept in the family. All I know about her family is that her father had red hair (like her own) and baked bread in outdoor ovens in Patrica. She was not raised by him but somehow met him later in life. If we can be of any help to eah other, I would appreciate connecting via email!
Beth
Beth