Bonjourno!
To my knowledge, my great-grandfather was born in Marsica Neuvo somewhere between 1875 and 1895.
His name was Raphael Aulicino. I believe he immigrated to NYC before 1912.
Can someone advise me, where to find his birth records?
I am thinking of applying for dual citizenship (USA).
Grazie,
Lani Aulicino
Looking for Great Grandfather's birth certificate
Re: Looking for Great Grandfather's birth certificate
Marisco Nuovo records are available on-line at Family Search.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
I did locate a Raffaele Aulicino born in 1873 (Record 4) but without additional information - I do not know if he is your guy.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=779829
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library
I did locate a Raffaele Aulicino born in 1873 (Record 4) but without additional information - I do not know if he is your guy.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cat=779829
Re: Looking for Great Grandfather's birth certificate
Possible naturalization 1908 declaration of intention, yob about 1876
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Looking for Great Grandfather's birth certificate
Thank you! Biff83, that looks correct. Seems he naturalized in the United States a few years before my grandfather was born, making me ineligible for instant Italian citizenship.
Thanks for looking
Thanks for looking
Re: Looking for Great Grandfather's birth certificate
Not necessarily. The Declaration of Intent was then followed by the Petition, then naturalization. You need to check further. Generally several years elapsed before the petition and ultimate naturalization, or he may never have completed the process.
If he did naturalize before 1912 but after the birth of the next in line, you will need to apply through his wife.
If he did naturalize before 1912 but after the birth of the next in line, you will need to apply through his wife.
Re: Looking for Great Grandfather's birth certificate
With the informant provided by Biff, you can contact NARA to obtain all the pre-naturalization documents.


