Baptismal Record
Baptismal Record
Hello,
I have found the Baptismal Record for my Great Grandfather born in 1890 in Sicily and it has his father's name but it says mother unknown. Does anyone know why this would happen?
I believe it would be like this on a civil record if the parents were only married in the church?
My great grandfathers siblings have both the mother and father on their baptismal records, his is the only one that doesn't have the mother so I have no idea what is going on.
Here is the link, entry #11
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 5-PZ?i=267
Thanks for any help!
I have found the Baptismal Record for my Great Grandfather born in 1890 in Sicily and it has his father's name but it says mother unknown. Does anyone know why this would happen?
I believe it would be like this on a civil record if the parents were only married in the church?
My great grandfathers siblings have both the mother and father on their baptismal records, his is the only one that doesn't have the mother so I have no idea what is going on.
Here is the link, entry #11
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 5-PZ?i=267
Thanks for any help!
Re: Baptismal Record
Yes, it says "Unknown mother".
Of course, this is not the same case of civil record, as this is a church record.
Were his siblings born before, or after him?
Of course, this is not the same case of civil record, as this is a church record.
Were his siblings born before, or after him?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Baptismal Record
There were two siblings born before him and both of the civil birth records and baptisms have the mother listed. There were five siblings born after him and all of the civil records (2) and baptisms (3) I can find have the mother listed. And I do have the church marriage record for the parents, so I know they were married.
Re: Baptismal Record
And his civil birth record?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Baptismal Record
It doesn't have her name, its says "dalla sua unione con donna non mentale non parente"
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Baptismal Record
tandrea wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 12:55 It doesn't have her name, its says "dalla sua unione con donna non maritata non parente"
Re: Baptismal Record
Are you sure the siglings you mentioned, really are siblings?
I mean, if you just found the records, but, for instance, you have never heard about their names from family, they might be children of a different Nicolò Autieri.
I mean, if you just found the records, but, for instance, you have never heard about their names from family, they might be children of a different Nicolò Autieri.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Baptismal Record
I have matched DNA with a descendant of my great grandfather's sister, this is the only Antrieri family that was in this town in Sicily, and on my great grandfather's passenger list he states that his last residence was with his mother, who is the same woman from his siblings records.
Re: Baptismal Record
And are you sure this record is your GGF's?
Excuse me for so many questions, but it seems so weird!
Excuse me for so many questions, but it seems so weird!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Baptismal Record
Yes, the birth date and location match with other records I have.
So it sounds like you've never heard of this before?
So it sounds like you've never heard of this before?
Re: Baptismal Record
No, I don't have any idea about this!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
