Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
-
superrodris
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Feb 2019, 18:50
- Contact:
Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
Would someone be able to help me find the birth certificate for Francesco Cagnano? I'm able to find the birth certificate for all his brothers and his only sister, but he doesn't appear in the birth records for some reason =/
Name: Francesco Cagnano Barlotti
Birth Date: 02 July, 1854, Laureana Cilento
Death Date: 18 July, 1939.
He came to Uruguay in the Umberto I boat on April 18 (apparently, 89). Register 8, Passport number was 361
He did his military service during 1885.
He might have lived in Cattanzaro.
Father: Luciano Cagnano (born 1804-5)
Mother: Maria Antonia Barlotti (born 1825)
Looks like they were married in 1841. I'm not sure, but I was able to find a "matrimoni" record in the Antenati website for 1841.
Siblings:
Giuseppe Cagnano (29 November, 1848)
Francesca Paola Cagnano (8 March, 1857)
Angelo Cagnano (6 May, 1861)
Pasquale Cagnano (12 January, 1864)
Kids:
Paula Cagnano Ferrari (with Juana Ferrari, uruguayan)
Every single one of his siblings is here, except for him.
Thank you so much!
Name: Francesco Cagnano Barlotti
Birth Date: 02 July, 1854, Laureana Cilento
Death Date: 18 July, 1939.
He came to Uruguay in the Umberto I boat on April 18 (apparently, 89). Register 8, Passport number was 361
He did his military service during 1885.
He might have lived in Cattanzaro.
Father: Luciano Cagnano (born 1804-5)
Mother: Maria Antonia Barlotti (born 1825)
Looks like they were married in 1841. I'm not sure, but I was able to find a "matrimoni" record in the Antenati website for 1841.
Siblings:
Giuseppe Cagnano (29 November, 1848)
Francesca Paola Cagnano (8 March, 1857)
Angelo Cagnano (6 May, 1861)
Pasquale Cagnano (12 January, 1864)
Kids:
Paula Cagnano Ferrari (with Juana Ferrari, uruguayan)
Every single one of his siblings is here, except for him.
Thank you so much!
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
Birth records for year 1852 are missing. Perhaps he was actually born in their year. Like you, I searched years 1850 thru 1856 and did not find him.
T.
T.
-
superrodris
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Feb 2019, 18:50
- Contact:
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
Hey, Tessa. Actually, his Lista di Leva http://archiviodistatosalerno.benicultu ... eva/111504 also lists him as born at that date. He was definitely born in 1854. Any ideas as what to do if he doesn't appear there?
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
Have you written to the comune of Laureana?
T.
T.
-
superrodris
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Feb 2019, 18:50
- Contact:
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
I have, they said they didn't find it with that information. I just requested the birth certificate for his child in my home country, and it said he was 36 when he had his child in 1896. So it looks like the info I had was incorrect. He was born between 1860-61 according to that info.
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
Did he marry in Italy or elsewhere?
As to his birth possibly being 1860-61....I find it hard to believe that the Lista di Leva has it wrong.
T.
As to his birth possibly being 1860-61....I find it hard to believe that the Lista di Leva has it wrong.
T.
-
superrodris
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Feb 2019, 18:50
- Contact:
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
He got married in Uruguay, not sure what year though.
This is a link to his kid’s birth certificate (my grandma).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MksUTH ... p=drivesdk
The liste di leva is the link I shared before http://archiviodistatosalerno.benicultu ... eva/111504
I’m not sure how to move forward =\
This is a link to his kid’s birth certificate (my grandma).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MksUTH ... p=drivesdk
The liste di leva is the link I shared before http://archiviodistatosalerno.benicultu ... eva/111504
I’m not sure how to move forward =\
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
It's interesting, and you may already know this, but as I was searching the birth acts in 1860 and 1861 (just to rule them out) I noticed that the mayor of the town of Laureana at the time was Domenico Cagnano. However, what caught my attention was that Luciano Cagnano acted on his behalf as official on several birth acts.
When you wrote to the town, did you include your photo ID?
You might want to write to them again.
You could try reaching out to the local parish priest and explaining your dilemma. You might offer him a donation for the church. Maybe he can locate a baptism. However, getting responses from the church is a real long shot.
T.
When you wrote to the town, did you include your photo ID?
You might want to write to them again.
You could try reaching out to the local parish priest and explaining your dilemma. You might offer him a donation for the church. Maybe he can locate a baptism. However, getting responses from the church is a real long shot.
T.
-
superrodris
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Feb 2019, 18:50
- Contact:
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
I could try that.
Yes, I knew about Luciano and Domenico because I looked at a lot of those records trying to find Francesco.
I also know that his passport in Umberto I (the boat he came in) said he was a desertor (he got a 1 year medical leave, and that’s when he fled to Uruguay). Could that be related to why his birth record’s not there?
I can add my photo ID, but he’s a maternal grandparent. I don’t share his surname, at least in my official ID.
Yes, I knew about Luciano and Domenico because I looked at a lot of those records trying to find Francesco.
I also know that his passport in Umberto I (the boat he came in) said he was a desertor (he got a 1 year medical leave, and that’s when he fled to Uruguay). Could that be related to why his birth record’s not there?
I can add my photo ID, but he’s a maternal grandparent. I don’t share his surname, at least in my official ID.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
Note: The Comune said 'they didn't find it with that information' they didn't say they didn't have the book for that year. Send them a copy of the military 'foglio matricolare' and a copy of the 'lista di leva' and request the birth record for that person.superrodris wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 19:32 I have, they said they didn't find it with that information. I just requested the birth certificate for his child in my home country, and it said he was 36 when he had his child in 1896. So it looks like the info I had was incorrect. He was born between 1860-61 according to that info.
Sometimes the way you word the request is the problem. If you speak Italian try calling them.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
superrodris
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Feb 2019, 18:50
- Contact:
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
Sorry to keep pestering you with questions
but how do I get the foglio matricolare?
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
Have you written to the Archivio di Stato di Salerno (as-sa.ricerche@beniculturali.it)?
http://archiviodistatosalerno.benicultu ... ispondenza
http://archiviodistatosalerno.benicultu ... ispondenza
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
superrodris
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Feb 2019, 18:50
- Contact:
Re: Francesco Cagnano Birth Certificate
No. I can also try 