Birth Certificate Search: Sebastiano Leone - Palazzolo Acreide

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
23er9xc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Feb 2019, 15:15

Birth Certificate Search: Sebastiano Leone - Palazzolo Acreide

Post by 23er9xc »

Hello all.

I have been astounded by the success people achieve when turning to this forum. I hope to find the same and would be greatly appreciative for any assistance.

I need the birth certificate of my great-grandfather, details below. I am not certain of his parents names, or the exact birth date. I have contacted the comune of birth and they have no records for the dates I provided. But they did find some records for his brother, details of him below. ]Maybe someone here has a more magical touch.

Name: Sebastiano Leone
Birth Date: January/February 1895 (maybe sometime between 1894-1896)
Birthplace: Palazzolo Acreide
Parents: (F) Paolo Sebastiano Leone / Sebastiano Paolo Leone (M) Constance / Concetta Gelena?
(below from my great-grandfathers marriage certificate)
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.49.48 AM.png[/attachment Immigrated through Elis Island: May 10, 1910 on the Venezia (below: from ship manifest) [attachment=1]Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.59.06 AM.png
Brother
Name: Paolo Leone
Birth Date: 1987
Birthplace: Palazzolo Acreide
Imigrated through Elis Island: Nov. 3, 1907 on the Liguria
(below: from ship manifest, under relative from origin country)
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 10.04.18 AM.png
Thank you for any help. Please let me know if I can supply any other information or if you have tips as to where to go from here.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.59.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.49.48 AM.png
nara nuria
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 14:39

Re: Birth Certificate Search: Sebastiano Leone - Palazzolo Acreide

Post by nara nuria »

Oi, me cadastrei para procurar uns dados e fui ler tua mensagem.
Meu nome é Nara Núria, será isto, por acaso, o que procuras.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/rec ... A1894-1895~


Resultados da Pesquisa de Registros Históricos
1-20 de 40 resultados para Nome: sebastiano leone, Evento: Birth, Local: siracusa, Período do Evento: 1894-1895
Número de resultados a exibir: 205075Exportar os Resultados 1-20
Nome Eventos Parentescos View
Sebastiano Leone
United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918

nascimento: 6 janeiro 1895 Palazzolo, Siracusa, Italy
registros de alistamento militar: desde 1917 para 1918 Hartford City no 3, Connecticut, United States
23er9xc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Feb 2019, 15:15

Re: Birth Certificate Search: Sebastiano Leone - Palazzolo Acreide

Post by 23er9xc »

Thank you for the response.

That is my great-grandfather, thank you for finding this because I did not have this record. It reveals he had a sister that I wan't aware of.

My first goal is to find his birth certificate, but thank you for locating this document.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Birth Certificate Search: Sebastiano Leone - Palazzolo Acreide

Post by Biff83 »

It appears that the birth acts for 1895 are available online for viewing at a Family History Center or an Affiliate Library although the notes state some years are missing.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
23er9xc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Feb 2019, 15:15

Re: Birth Certificate Search: Sebastiano Leone - Palazzolo Acreide

Post by 23er9xc »

Thank you Biff83. That looks correct.
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 1.12.12 PM.png
The second item in the screenshot above is the one I would need for my great-grandfather. The first one should contain my his brother, that way I can run two searches to try and find something faster.

Does the Camera/Key symbol on the right indicate that I need to go to one of the Family History Centers to view the images? If so, can I go to any of them or only a specific one. If a specific one, which one?
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Birth Certificate Search: Sebastiano Leone - Palazzolo Acreide

Post by Biff83 »

The key symbol indicates that these records are only viewable at any Family History Center or Affiliate Library. You should be able to save images to a thumb drive. If for some reason they are restricted from copying, you can take a pic with a digital camera or phone.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
23er9xc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Feb 2019, 15:15

Re: Birth Certificate Search: Sebastiano Leone - Palazzolo Acreide

Post by 23er9xc »

Understood, thank you for all your help.
Post Reply