Do I qualify for duel citizenship?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Catgirl_
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Apr 2019, 23:58

Do I qualify for duel citizenship?

Post by Catgirl_ »

Hello! I would love an outside opinion.

My great grandfather was born in 1883 in Italy and my grandma was born in 1917 in Italy. I found information about my great grandfather naturalized in 1925 in the USA, after my grandma was born. She was also in the USA when he did this. Would I still qualify under Jure Sanguiis?

Thank you for any help.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Do I qualify for duel citizenship?

Post by mler »

It seems your gm was a minor when her father naturalized. Since she was born in Italy, she naturalized with him, and citizenship ended at that time.

Any other possibilities?
Post Reply