Information about my italian ancestors

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
mecedes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Jan 2014, 01:05

Information about my italian ancestors

Post by mecedes »

Buonasera,

I have been doing some research about my italian ancestors and I found this Forum a great place to find some answers.
My GGF ANTONIO MORREO born 1862-1866 in Avelino ( don't know if City or Province), Italy emigrated to Venezuela and married there November,21 1891 my GGM CECILIA PASCUZZIO ( Pascuzzi or Pascuzzo) born in Buonabitaccolo, Salerno, Italy. They never became venezuelan citizens as it appears in the marriage certification and also in my GF MIGUEL ALFREDO MORREO birth certificate ( May,8 1900).
My GGM Cecilia Morreo ( born Pascuzzio) came to the US in April,16 1923 with her young children, I found the Ellis Island Manifest and she lived in New York till her death around 1950. My mother told me that she travelled many times to visit her Grandmother during the summer when she was a teenager.
My GGF died in Venezuela September 28 1928.
My GF MIGUEL ALFREDO MORREO never became an italian citizen, he was born venezuelan.He married my GM and they got 3 sons and my mother, who is still alive.

I have copies of the venezuelan documents, but I don't know where to start looking for my GGF or GGM italian birth certifícates
Do I have any possibility to get the italian citizenship?

I'm a US citizen acctually living in South Florida.
I would appreciate any information,

Grazie mille,

Mercedes
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Information about my italian ancestors

Post by mler »

Was there a naturalization at any time either in Venezuela or the US? If so, when and by whom?

Also, please provide dates and ages at naturalization.

Without this information it is impossible to answer your question.
mecedes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Jan 2014, 01:05

Re: Information about my italian ancestors

Post by mecedes »

No, none of them changed their original citizenship.
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: Information about my italian ancestors

Post by mler »

You stated that your gf never became an Italian citizen in your first post. I’m guessing you mean “US citizen”. If that is the case and there were no other naturalizations along the line, you do qualify.

Unfortunately, you will have to prove that no naturalizations took place both in the US and in Venezuela. This may be difficult but not impossible.
mecedes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Jan 2014, 01:05

Re: Information about my italian ancestors

Post by mecedes »

Thank you very much.
There is a lot to do before, but as you said it is not impossible.

Mercedes
Post Reply