Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
dita531
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 02 Oct 2014, 17:04

Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891

Post by dita531 »

Hi,
I need some help translating this, I found a DNA cousin and I'm trying to figure out where he fits in.

So I believe his parents are :Giuseppe Maria and Margarita Navarra
Can someone tell me:
1. What his exact date of birth is
2. I see the word moglie - did someone die?

Thank you!

Original:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043547
Attachments
RoccoVincentMartoccia2.jpg
RoccoVincentMartoccia1.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891

Post by erudita74 »

Date of birth was Feb 23, 1891

the word moglie means wife. Margherita Navarra was the wife of Giuseppe and was living with him.

Erudita
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891

Post by liviomoreno »

dita531 wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 15:55 Hi,
...
So I believe his parents are :Giuseppe Maria and Margarita Navarra
...

Giuseppe (Martoccia) and Margherita Navarra
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891

Post by erudita74 »

Sorry I didn't highlight the correct spelling of Margherita in my reply above, but I do actually have some very old Italian records where the name was spelled as Margarita.

Erudita
dita531
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 02 Oct 2014, 17:04

Re: Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891

Post by dita531 »

Thank you so much!
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Birth for Rocco Vincenzo Martoccia 1891

Post by erudita74 »

Happy to help.
Erudita
Post Reply