Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
falconijo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 17 Sep 2018, 23:04

Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni

Post by falconijo »

I am looking for the marriage info of Luigia Scesa (b. 6 April 1892) and Guiseppe Falcioni (b. 20 March 1890), married in 1920-21. I think they were married in Cardezza, Province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, but I am not sure. It would certainly have been in that region. And the comune is not replying to emails, calls, or letters :(

Any ideas on how to find this information? I think I have exhausted familysearch.org, and I can travel to a LDS genealogy center if they have more databases. I also hope to find Luiga Scesa's birth, but I am trying to work backwards chronologically. If you have any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
-E
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni

Post by Italysearcher »

There is a post on my blog on why you don't get a response from the Comune that might help.
You might consider requesting a birth record since it will almost certainly say when and where she married.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
falconijo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 17 Sep 2018, 23:04

Re: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni

Post by falconijo »

Thank you for your reply, Ann. Luigia's birth certificate (assuming she was born where I think she was) would be in the same place as her marriage certificate. Even if she was born in the next town over, the entire region's vital records should all be in the Beura-Cardezza registrar-- and that is who's not responding. Maybe I am just too far off with her place of birth.

re: your blog: that will probably be me someday, helping a state employee lug around old books so I can finally fill in a spot on my tree. I'm a librarian so I don't mind :)
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni

Post by Tessa78 »

Try following up with an email. There is a link to the email for the Comune of Beura-Cardezza at this information site about the town.

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/103/011/

T.
falconijo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 17 Sep 2018, 23:04

Re: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni

Post by falconijo »

Thank you for your reply, Tessa. I will try the local LDS and then send off a few more emails.
Post Reply