Just to clarify something for you concerning the military record of Fedele Antonio. He never enlisted. He didn't show up at the draft board to undergo the required physical exam to determine his eligibility to serve. He was a draft dodger.
I also don't know why the column for the place of birth is empty for all of the entries on this page. Other military records I have seen list the place of residence, as well as the place of birth, which may not be one and the same. I really don't know what other towns you could search for his birth record. You can't even assume that his birth took place in the same province.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Erudita
Looking for Fedele Antonio Montone
Re: Looking for Fedele Antonio Montone
I am just assuming the comuni that their brothers were born and the neighboring cities to Diamante, that's how i am doing the search, but with no luck yet. I could find all the listed births of his siblings and the marriage of his parents, all according to the lista di leva info.kaworutk3 wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 18:01I think i even searched year by year from 61 to 63 by looking to all the pages of births. I am just wondering what another comune can be, i tried belvedere because it was in the section of his military enlistment, but no luckerudita74 wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 16:40 My understanding is that a stato di famiglia document is very time consuming to compile, can be very costly, and a lot of towns no longer will issue this kind of document. I'm sure you already have the following contact info for Diamante, but I'm providing the info anyway. Also, I meant to ask you if you went to Fedele's date of birth in the 1861 records, or did you rely solely on his name not being in the index for that year? Sometimes there are errors in the indices, but I assume that you already checked the records for that year anyway.
Servizio: STATO CIVILE E DEMOGRAFICO
Indirizzo: Palazzo Comunale – via Pietro Mancini n. 10
Orario: lunedì – mercoledì – venerdì dalle ore 9,00 alle ore 12,00
Telefono: 0985 – 81398 Fax: 0985 – 81021
e-mail: settembre.antonietta@comune-diamante.it
Responsabile: rag. Antonietta Settembre
A chi rivolgersi: rag. Antonietta Settembre
In looking at the military record, it seems he did not appear when the time for his military conscription came due, which was in about 1881, when those born in 1861 would have been called up to serve. Do you know if he and/or the rest of his family had left the town or Italy by this period of time? Just curious.
Erudita
Re: Looking for Fedele Antonio Montone
One other thing to check, if you do review the 1861 Diamante birth records again, going page by page. Sometimes a document page is simply missing, and there is a gap in the record numbers. So this is something you might want to recheck.
I also think the researcher who got you a copy of the record and wants a great deal of money to have you see the info that he/she blocked out should be reported to someone but, in Italy, I don't know if there is any government or other control agency which oversees genealogy researchers there.
Erudita
I also think the researcher who got you a copy of the record and wants a great deal of money to have you see the info that he/she blocked out should be reported to someone but, in Italy, I don't know if there is any government or other control agency which oversees genealogy researchers there.
Erudita
Re: Looking for Fedele Antonio Montone
Thanks for answering, i tried all pages of 60 - 63, but he wasn't there, i will do this recheck everyday that i can, but i think it is in another comune, as the last "professional" mentioned before.erudita74 wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 12:31 One other thing to check, if you do review the 1861 Diamante birth records again, going page by page. Sometimes a document page is simply missing, and there is a gap in the record numbers. So this is something you might want to recheck.
I also think the researcher who got you a copy of the record and wants a great deal of money to have you see the info that he/she blocked out should be reported to someone but, in Italy, I don't know if there is any government or other control agency which oversees genealogy researchers there.
Erudita
-
oliviaivy337
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 Apr 2019, 16:31
Re: Looking for Fedele Antonio Montone
I additionally suppose the scientist WHO got you a replica of the record and desires a good deal of cash to own you see the information that he/she blocked out ought to be reported to somebody however, in Italy,best cooking games I don't apprehend if there's any government or alternative management agency that oversees kindred researchers there.
Re: Looking for Fedele Antonio Montone
I was imagining someone coudl guess which comune this letterhead is from, there is a template from praia a mare which is close to that, i guess in Cosenza / Reggio Calabria they use something close to that...oliviaivy337 wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 14:11 I additionally suppose the scientist WHO got you a replica of the record and desires a good deal of cash to own you see the information that he/she blocked out ought to be reported to somebody however, in Italy,best cooking games I don't apprehend if there's any government or alternative management agency that oversees kindred researchers there.
