Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
cdnicosia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 30 Apr 2019, 19:54

Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Post by cdnicosia »

Hi! I have traced my father's side back to Italy finally but have hit some snags. My great great grandfather was Francesco Cirota and he came from Giungano. There's a story in my family that someone in our family was a mayor or a political figure and there was a bridge named for them (the cirota bridge). I have found Palazzo Cirota in Agropoli that i believe may have something to do with my family and that the "cirota arch" is actually the bridge from my families stories.

I am hoping someone can help me find the Cirota's in Agropoli or Giungano.

I also was given a flag by my grandfather that I think can help solidify some of this information that I have uncovered and make sure I'm on the correct path.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QSzZc3KKywsnDiS48
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Post by suanj »

Hi, if your ancestor was the son of Raffaele Cirota and Maria Guglielmotti born on 14 Oct 1869( it is the only Francesco Cirota born in Giungano until 1900 so it must be right), well on the military drafting no profession, just possidente( proprietor) and on his Birth record (click to enlarge)
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
no profession of his father, but able to sign… the surname Cirota seeming no of Giungano.. maybe finding Raffaele marriage we can descover more…
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Post by suanj »

Well from the marriage: Giungano 16 nov 1868
Raffaele Cirota, 31 old, proprietor, was born in Giungano,son of Luigi Cirota and of late Maddalena Guglielmotti; his wife, maybe a cousin, Maria Guglielmotti, 35 old, proprietor, also born in Giungano daughter of Pietropaolo Guglielmotti and Amalia Molli
click to enlarge
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 7.jpg.html
until now no link with Agropoli or other ..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Post by suanj »

I found a Vincenzo Alfonso Cirota born in Giungano on 2th apr 1835, brother of Raffaele Cirota( so uncle of Francesco) and well born in Giungano on 1835.. at this time Luigi Cirota(father of Raffaele and of Vincenzo Alfonso) was 43 old, so born around 1792 and on 1835 Luigi Cirorta was proprietor.. so rich family!
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Post by suanj »

Luigi Cirota, grandfather of Francesco Cirota Death 17 May 1875,
born in Giungano, son of Bruno Cirota, proprietor… etc
so the family almost 3 generations back was in Giungano.. http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cdnicosia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 30 Apr 2019, 19:54

Re: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Post by cdnicosia »

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you so much for the time and effort you put into helping me on this quest. I truly appreciate it!!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help Finding Cirota's in Giungano/Agropoli & Flag help

Post by suanj »

happy to help!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply