I'm looking for any leads to any concrete documentation of the births, marriages, or deaths of three people in particular, Rocco Misso, Cecilia Misso and Joseph (Joe) Misso. Rocco was apparently born on Oct. 4th, 1841 in Sicily, likely in Palermo, though various census records list his date of birth from anywhere between 1837 to 1842. He married his cousin, Cecilia Misso, who according to the family bible was born Dec. 28th, 1846 in the US. Their son, Joseph, is stated to have been born on April 14th, 1872, but again, different censuses say different things. I can't find anything about Joe's marriage aside from a few census records which list his wife as Daisy Lockley. I believe Rocco and Cecilia married in 1870. I know that Joseph was most likely born in Macon, Mississippi, but I'm not sure when his marriage took place.
Here's what I have so far, according to the family bible and a couple other sources:
- Rocco Misso (b. 1841) (d. July 16th, 1906)
- Cecilia Misso (b. 1846) (d. Sep. 10th, 1919)
- Joseph Misso (b. 1872) (d. Nov. 3rd, 1926)
As an aside, does anyone have any experience getting delayed birth/death records? I know I'll need to contact Mississippi's Department of Health to find out what they require, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with acquiring them and what it generally entails.
I'm wanting to pursue a 1948 case, but finding any adequate info about these three in particular has been difficult, so I'd really appreciate any help I can get.
Misso family- Birth/Marriage/Death records
-
Whitehammer
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 26 Apr 2019, 00:09
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Misso family- Birth/Marriage/Death records
I would request copies of the death records of whoever died in Sicily from the town. If they died in America, same thing, they should tell you where they were born and when.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Re: Misso family- Birth/Marriage/Death records
Do not know if you have this US Passport Application for Rocco Misso in 1874.
Filed in Noxubee County, Mississippi, this form was issued on 13 March 1874, and was used for Naturalized Citizens.
The margin note indicates Colfax County District Court, 1 February 1874. This may be the place and date of Rocco's naturalization.
There is a physical description of your ancestor as well.
https://i.postimg.cc/qRrstDWh/misso-Passport1874.jpg
T.
Filed in Noxubee County, Mississippi, this form was issued on 13 March 1874, and was used for Naturalized Citizens.
The margin note indicates Colfax County District Court, 1 February 1874. This may be the place and date of Rocco's naturalization.
There is a physical description of your ancestor as well.
https://i.postimg.cc/qRrstDWh/misso-Passport1874.jpg
T.