Italians with Yemenite/Arab Origins - Need Help!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
SaeedaSaeed
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Jun 2019, 20:15

Italians with Yemenite/Arab Origins - Need Help!

Post by SaeedaSaeed »

Through DNA testing, I was able to discover some Yemenite Jewish ancestry in my family. I found relatives in Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq so far. We all trace our roots back to the same tribe, Bnei Chorath (Banu al Harith), and figured an approximate time period of our last common ancestors.

Does anyone know of stories of Peninsular Arabs immigrating to Italy? I think the immigration occurred before Italy became a unified country. Or possibly not long after unification. And most importantly, would documents still exist that would reflect immigration from this part of the world, anf how can I obtain them?

Thank you so much for your help!!
Post Reply