Partial Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Sasso
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 40
Joined: 21 Sep 2014, 02:37

Re: Partial Translation

Post by Sasso »

I'm working on the translation of another record and came across a couple lines that I need help with. It's the second paragraph from the top. I'm not sure what the words after "domiciliato" are or the three lines after that. I'm doing well translating the remainder...so far :roll:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Edit: I've gotten this so far:

December 21, 1856 at 16:00 appeared Pasquale Sasso, 33, bracciale (not sure what this translates to), domiciled in (not sure what the word is here), presented a male child ( not sure what the rest of this sentence says). Pasqualina Magnotta, 30, peasant?, domiciled in (not sure what the word is here), on the 20th of December at 2 O'clock at their home.

So, was the child born on the 20th and it was recorded on the 21st?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Partial Translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Sasso wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 01:26 I'm working on the translation of another record and came across a couple lines that I need help with. It's the second paragraph from the top. I'm not sure what the words after "domiciliato" are or the three lines after that. I'm doing well translating the remainder...so far :roll:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Edit: I've gotten this so far:

December 21, 1856 at 16:00 appeared Pasquale Sasso, 30 (trenta), bracciale (farm hand/day labourer), domiciled (ivi Capofiume - therein Capofiume), presented a male child (according to what we visually recognized, and stated/declared, that the same was born from him and). Pasqualina Magnotta, 30, peasant yes, domiciled (ivi Capofiume - therein Capofiume), on the 20th of December at 2 O'clock at their home.

So, was the child born on the 20th and it was recorded on the 21st? Correct


Right Side Column gives the Baptism Details. Saverio Sasso was baptised on 21 December 1856, by the minister of San Martino v c

Angela
Post Reply