Please help me find info on my relatives, I've reached a dead end on Ancestry.
Here's what I know:
Great grandfather- Federico Carlo Mascheroni 1896-1959 from Milan, Monza Italy
Great grandmother- Antonia Merenda 1896-1968
Lived in Sicily where my grandfather Giovanni Batista Mascheroni was born in 1922 before immigrating to America that same year. They live in Maryland after immigrating.
Any information or Insight you could offer would be most appreciated.
Stephanie
Looking for info, Mascheroni & Merenda
Re: Looking for info, Mascheroni & Merenda
According to the ship manifest from 1922 (if you do not have this let me know), Antonia Merenda, wife of Carlo Mascheroni, was age 30 and born in Barcellona.
Here is the birth act for Antonia Merenda in 1892 in Barcellona Pozzo di Grotto, Messina.
#472
Antonia was born on 19 August 1892 in Barcellona.
Her father was Carmelo Merenda, age 38, a baker.
Her mother was Grazia Alosi, his wife, housewife.
Antonia was born at home in Via Villa at 7:18 PM
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1887904
It is interesting to note that on the ship manifest Carlo and Antonia indicate that they leave behind her mother/his mother-in-law - Carmela Merenda
Perhaps a misunderstanding by the clerk. This probably is her father/his father-in-law Carmelo.
T.
Here is the birth act for Antonia Merenda in 1892 in Barcellona Pozzo di Grotto, Messina.
#472
Antonia was born on 19 August 1892 in Barcellona.
Her father was Carmelo Merenda, age 38, a baker.
Her mother was Grazia Alosi, his wife, housewife.
Antonia was born at home in Via Villa at 7:18 PM
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1887904
It is interesting to note that on the ship manifest Carlo and Antonia indicate that they leave behind her mother/his mother-in-law - Carmela Merenda
T.
-
StephDubell
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Jun 2019, 17:56
Re: Looking for info, Mascheroni & Merenda
This is interesting. I found the passenger list from Ancestry that lists Carmela as Antonia's mother. I do not have her birth act information. Is this on familysearch?
This is an amazing start, thank you.
This is an amazing start, thank you.
Re: Looking for info, Mascheroni & Merenda
I posted the link in Family search to the birth act above. In it you will see that Antonia's father is Carmelo, and her mother is Grazia.
T.
T.
-
StephDubell
- Newbie

- Posts: 11
- Joined: 23 Jun 2019, 17:56
Re: Looking for info, Mascheroni & Merenda
I saw that after I posted. Thank you again! Can't wait to find out more!
