Cinsi Marriage Requests

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
ty79978
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 03:18

Cinsi Marriage Requests

Post by ty79978 »

Hello,

I am currently located in New York, and I've recently discoved that prior to marrying my grandfather, my grandmother, Antonina Galioto, went to Italy, Cinsi, to be as specific as possible, to marry a Joseph Iacopelli.
My grandmother attained a divorce, however, in Florida in March of 1957. I've recently purchased their divorce decree from Florida Department of Heatlh, and it listed the marriage date as September 29, 1955, and the location of Cinsi, Italy.

I'd love to try and get my hands on a copy of the marriage certificate if that's at all possible. (We knew that my grandmtoher was married to Joseph Iacopelli before she married my grandfather, but, we never knew when the marriage officially occurred).

I also don't know much Italian, so I would need help with translating a request for this document to Italian, that is unless I can simply just write it in English?

I imagine using Google Translate wouldn't be sufficient enough haha.

Thank you to anyone who can help me put this together.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Cinsi Marriage Requests

Post by mmogno »

Cinsi?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Cinsi Marriage Requests

Post by adelfio »

e-Mail : anagrafe@comune.cinisi.pa.it

Email

Comune di Cinisi
Piazza Vittorio Emanuele 1
90045 Cinisi PA
Italy
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atto di matrimonio Giuseppe Iacopelli e Antonina Galioto,

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persones:
Data di Matrimonio Sept 29th 1955
Matrimonio di Cinisi
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito atto di matrimonio.
Distinti saluti,
NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID DATE RETURN ENEVELOPE WITH ADDRESS


MArty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ty79978
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 34
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 03:18

Re: Cinsi Marriage Requests

Post by ty79978 »

Thank you, Marty for your assistance with this! I will contact them today! Do you have any experience with requesting copies of certificates from them? I'm just trying to get an idea of the cost? This is the first time I've had to do something like this.

My family is from Italy, but, haven't needed to order something specific until now.

Thanks again,
-Ty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Cinsi Marriage Requests

Post by adelfio »

There should be no charge unless website request for money

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Post Reply