I saw on a website that you can obtain an Italian passport if you have Italian ancestry. My paternal grandmother was Italian & came to New Zealand after the war. She died here in approximately 1952. I need to try and find out if she was naturalised here or not. Anyone know where I should look?
Also I guess my great grandfather & great grandmother were Italian, but I don't actually know anything about them, not even a name.
The family lived in Motovun, or what is now known as Istria. They fled when Yugoslavia invaded & relocated to Trieste. That's about all I know. How would I found out information about my family? Do I have to order birth & marriage certificates, or would I be able to find information online for free?
My grandmothers name was Iscra.
Anyone have any ideas? I'm lost.
Italian citizenship/passport
You have to wriote awayh and know full names,dates of birth and place of birth and the address to where to write to. Go to www.istrianet.org for assistance with addresses and documents as well as a history of Istria along with connections you cxan make with people from Montuvan who may be rerlated to you. Peter

