I'm trying to find clues about my grandfather's fate.
His name was Salvatore Cicolani, and he was married with Elvira, who remained in Italy.
He was born in Scoppito, a small village near the town of L'Aquila, located in Abruzzo, central Italy.
We know that he went to USA two times: the first one in 1906, while the second and last time was in 1909.
Since then, nobody hasn't got any news about him. He was believed (and I remark: BELIEVED) dead, but we never knew were he was dead or the circumstances of the death.
Surfing ellisisland.org, we found two records about a man named Salvatore Cicolani (you can follow link to the page: http://www.ellisisland.org/search/match ... &dwpdone=1), who arrived in US in 1906 and 1909.
We downloaded the ship manifests, but we weren't able to read writing of the immigration officer.
Should you think you can have clues to help my research, please reply to this post.
Salvatore
In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani
- coccodrillo
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 07 May 2006, 00:00
- Location: Rome, ITALY
Re: In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani
I think you have come to the best site for help. Someone in the US will soon look up the details for you. People on here are so helpful. I hope you find what happened to your grandfather. I am trying to find my great grandfather, he too seems to have gone missing in Canada.
Good luck Salvatore
Joy
Good luck Salvatore
Joy
Re: In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani
Salvatore
I just looked at your link, I think it says he joined his brother-in-law. So he must have gone to his sister but I cannot read the name. It may be a good idea to print off the details then try to decipher letter by letter looking at words from other details to see how it was written.
Joy
I just looked at your link, I think it says he joined his brother-in-law. So he must have gone to his sister but I cannot read the name. It may be a good idea to print off the details then try to decipher letter by letter looking at words from other details to see how it was written.
Joy
Re: In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani
in first and second manifest, Salvatore joining at Alberto ( first name)DeNuntis(?) brother in law; the final destination seems Uniontown PA...
however are this manifest about [url=http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... &RF=155ÃÂ
however are this manifest about [url=http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... &RF=155ÃÂ
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani
Repeating this post from the other thread:
The only thing I was able to decipher:
On the 1906 records - he was staying with his brother-in-law, De Chir? Alberto at address Box 795.
On the 1909 records - There is mention of a Box 558 and someone named Maurizio. The man listed as Number 27 gave the same address, and I think there the P.O. Box was at Union Station or it could be the Uniontown PA address mentioned by Suanj above.
The only thing I was able to decipher:
On the 1906 records - he was staying with his brother-in-law, De Chir? Alberto at address Box 795.
On the 1909 records - There is mention of a Box 558 and someone named Maurizio. The man listed as Number 27 gave the same address, and I think there the P.O. Box was at Union Station or it could be the Uniontown PA address mentioned by Suanj above.
Re: In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani
Hi mier, I'm sure about all infos;
the brother in law is Alberto De Nuntis, and the town is Uniontown PA.
Regards, suanj
the brother in law is Alberto De Nuntis, and the town is Uniontown PA.
Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- coccodrillo
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 07 May 2006, 00:00
- Location: Rome, ITALY
Re: In search of my Grand-father Salvatore Cicolani
Thank you everybody for your help!
I'm going to cross-check all the infos you were able to provide with my cousins in L'Aquila to see if they have had notice about the people related to my grandfather that you mentioned.
Thank you again: should I find some news I will post again!
Regards, Salvatore
I'm going to cross-check all the infos you were able to provide with my cousins in L'Aquila to see if they have had notice about the people related to my grandfather that you mentioned.
Thank you again: should I find some news I will post again!
Regards, Salvatore


