Hello Everyone,
I am currently 'trying' to collect the required documents request by Luigi Paiano for a 1948 case. It is complicated because my MGM was born to Italian citizens in 1909 in Egypt and married and naturalised 1940/? in Egypt to an Egyptian citizen. My family migrated to Australia. I am finding it very difficult to locate the documents required for the case. Despite countless calls and emails so far all l have is my MGM's Atto di Nascita kindly scanned and emailed to me by the Italian Consulate in Egypt. I am based in Australia.
I have sent emails and tried calling to no avail to ask the Italian Consulate in Egypt how do l obtain my MGM's original certificate of birth, certificate of marriage and certificate of naturalisation? Would anyone know how or where l can obtain these vital records from when l am based in Australia? Is the Atto di Nascita an actual birth certificate? I am not sure if these records will have the apostille and if they are in Arabic or Italian. If Arabic how would l get the apostille and translations etc organised?
I also need my mothers certificate of birth and certificate of marriage. I have what l believe are the originals in Arabic (they are almost falling apart)! My understanding is l need to somehow have each document apostille by the Egyptian government then translated and legalised with another apostille from the Italian consulate in Egypt. I have no idea how to do this either. I have tried contacting the Egyptian consulate here they told me l need an relative to organise this on behalf but l have no relatives there!
If any of you would please advise me or point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
Thank you.
