Joey,
Do you remember when Uncle Richey and Auntie Antoinette went to Italy and came back with a cousin who stayed with them for a short time?? The only reason I remember is because Uncle Richey brought me back coins which I still have and the cousin scared me.. I want to say his name was Giuseppe and we called him Pepe??
Vickie
Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga
- JoeVenezia
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 02:18
- Location: Sandy Hook, CT USA
Re: Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga
Hi Vickie,
Yes, Uncle Rich is trying to locate him through the gentleman from the UK who bought the house in Roccagorga....they called him Pepe...I assumed that was short for Giuseppe, but Uncle Rich was not sure...will let you know. There are still 85 Ciotti families in tiny Roccagorga (probably 10% of the population!):
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... gorga&ind=
Cousin Joe
Yes, Uncle Rich is trying to locate him through the gentleman from the UK who bought the house in Roccagorga....they called him Pepe...I assumed that was short for Giuseppe, but Uncle Rich was not sure...will let you know. There are still 85 Ciotti families in tiny Roccagorga (probably 10% of the population!):
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... gorga&ind=
Cousin Joe
Surnames: Venezia (Atripalda), Ciotti (Roccagorga), Di Giacomo (Polla), Tassi (Ceccano)
-
wendystaub
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 12 Jan 2014, 02:17
Re: Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga
I just stumbled across your post via google and I think we're related. I'm researching our family tree. My great grandfather, Onorato Corsi, also came from Roccagorga and on his 1905 Ellis Island record it says he was going to stay with his brother-in-law Antonio Ciotti on Mulberry Street. My maiden name is Corsi and my father's family came from Roccagorga around the turn of the century and eventually settled near Buffalo.
- JoeVenezia
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 02:18
- Location: Sandy Hook, CT USA
Re: Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga
Hi Wendy!
Wait a minute....did you just friend request me on FB? Was trying to figure out who that was from!
I am not sure as there were a couple of Antonio Ciottis from Roccagorga (believe it or not!). Most of our family is down in CT but it is entirely possible. He married my grandmother (Virginia Tassi) around 1920 but he could have been married before then. Do you have any other records?
Thanks for reaching out!
Joe V.
Sandy Hook, CT
Wait a minute....did you just friend request me on FB? Was trying to figure out who that was from!
I am not sure as there were a couple of Antonio Ciottis from Roccagorga (believe it or not!). Most of our family is down in CT but it is entirely possible. He married my grandmother (Virginia Tassi) around 1920 but he could have been married before then. Do you have any other records?
Thanks for reaching out!
Joe V.
Sandy Hook, CT
Surnames: Venezia (Atripalda), Ciotti (Roccagorga), Di Giacomo (Polla), Tassi (Ceccano)
-
wendystaub
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 12 Jan 2014, 02:17
Re: Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga
I did, Joe--when I realized how old your original post on this page was, I wasn't sure you would see my note on here or were still active here, so I googled and found you on Facebook, where I I sent you a note explaining all this. I then realized it would have gone into your "other" file as we weren't friends and didn't know if you knew that existed (I didn't for a long time). I was hoping a friend request would alert you to view my note! Anyway, I have the Mulberry Street address from my great grandfather's Ellis Island file. It appears to be 110 or 40. If they were brothers-in-law, I'm assuming your grandfather was married to my great-grandfather Onorato's sister and that there was a second marriage for their parents somewhere in there. I have absolutely no information about his siblings or parents. The other way they could be brothers-in-law (barring first marriages) would be if they married sisters, which has all sorts of wheels turning in my head. Virginia and my great grandmother, Antonia, have oddly similar last names: Tassi and Rossi. I've already come across so many misspellings in the record books I'm wondering if it got misspelled along the way and Tassi is Rossi or Rossi is Tassi?! I have not begun looking for her family yet so it's possible!
-
Ciottigranddaughter
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 25 Aug 2019, 05:29
Re: Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga
My Great Grandfather was a Ciotti from Roccagorga. His name was Vincent and my Great Grandmother was Chiara. My Great Aunt Louise lived in a small house there as late as 1972. She also has a cousin Marie there as well. perhaps we can make a connecion.
- JoeVenezia
- Rookie

- Posts: 43
- Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 02:18
- Location: Sandy Hook, CT USA
Re: Searching for Ciotti in Roccagorga
Very cool! The names don't sound too familiar from our family but you never know....there are a bunch of Ciottis there.....thanks!
Joe Venezia
Joe Venezia
Surnames: Venezia (Atripalda), Ciotti (Roccagorga), Di Giacomo (Polla), Tassi (Ceccano)