Marty and Biff,
Thank you so much for the leva and birth records of Tommaso! Of course, I had no idea that he had a younger brother! My family seemed to have a vague hint that there could be a sister since he had a few photos - one of a young Italian sailor. My grandfather was very vague about his family. It was thought that the photo was of his nephew. Maybe it was Tommaso's son. Maybe the sister was a sister-in-law? And if only he would not have been so unwilling to talk about his family and life.
I see what you mean, Biff, that the naming tradition does make it seem likely that this was the first marriage for both Antonio and Maria Angiola. I do know that I have found records of babies with my father's name (Anthony/Tony after Andrea's father) that died before my father's birth. Andrea and his wife, my grandmother Rose Marie Carrano, lost several children at various ages.
The age of 50 seems so late for that time period for Antonio to marry for the first time that I thought it could be possible that he had been married before and maybe lost a wife and baby, but that would be another story!
I am thinking that Angelo maybe was a cousin then. I will find the digital census records where I thought I found him and saw a relationship with my grandfather.
I must learn now how to request the official birth record, etc. to begin the process toward obtaining the citizenship. I want to keep learning about my family.
These discoveries are so precious, and I appreciate your kindness so very much.
Ree
Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
serie: Leva
comuneleva: Vallo della Lucania
progressivo: 32
leva: 1867
nome: Domenicantonio Puglia
paternita: Tommaso Puglia e Majese Anna Maria
nuovanascita: 29/09/1867
localitnascita: Vallo della Lucania (Angellara)
professione: contadino
Marty
comuneleva: Vallo della Lucania
progressivo: 32
leva: 1867
nome: Domenicantonio Puglia
paternita: Tommaso Puglia e Majese Anna Maria
nuovanascita: 29/09/1867
localitnascita: Vallo della Lucania (Angellara)
professione: contadino
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
Thank you very much, Marty! I meet a new great uncle. 
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
Thank you so much, Marty! I meet a new great uncle! 
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
Heres Domenicantonio Puglia birth record 1867 Sept 29th
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947713
Marty
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947713
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
Thank you, Marty! Very kind of you.
Ree
Ree
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
Heres your death record now you have proof I think Antonio Sansone was born in 1838-1839 not available online so you have to send for it.
Comune di Vallo della Lucania (Angellara)
Piazza V. Emanuele 44
84078 Vallo della Lucania SA
Italy
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di copia di atto nascita di Antonio Sansone
Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Antonio Sansone nato a Vallo della Lucania (Angellara) il 1838-1839.
Nome e cognome del padre: Giuseppe Antonio Sansone
Nome e cognome della madre: Vincenza Vita
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di atto nascita.
Distinti saluti,
NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID
INDEX #28
Death record 1866 Nov 18th Andrea Sansone age 58 (1807) farmer born in Angellara Salerno son of Giuseppe Antonio Sansone and Vincenza Vita widower of Rosa Lettiero
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947713
Marty
Comune di Vallo della Lucania (Angellara)
Piazza V. Emanuele 44
84078 Vallo della Lucania SA
Italy
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di copia di atto nascita di Antonio Sansone
Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Antonio Sansone nato a Vallo della Lucania (Angellara) il 1838-1839.
Nome e cognome del padre: Giuseppe Antonio Sansone
Nome e cognome della madre: Vincenza Vita
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di atto nascita.
Distinti saluti,
NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID
INDEX #28
Death record 1866 Nov 18th Andrea Sansone age 58 (1807) farmer born in Angellara Salerno son of Giuseppe Antonio Sansone and Vincenza Vita widower of Rosa Lettiero
PG LINK
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947713
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
Marty,
Wow! Thank you. I am getting so much information. I think this is a different Andrea, maybe my great great grandfather.
Best,
Ree
Wow! Thank you. I am getting so much information. I think this is a different Andrea, maybe my great great grandfather.
Best,
Ree
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
This is your great great grandfather same parents as marriage record
Marty
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia
Marty
Marty
Re: Help in finding Angaloro/grandfather's birth location
I very much appreciate it, Marty!
Ree
Ree

