Polcevenni is supposedly my sur name.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Polcevenni
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Oct 2019, 02:09

Polcevenni is supposedly my sur name.

Post by Polcevenni »

To whom this may concern, l am 61, just recently found my so called Italian name or my foundling Italian name, some made up name. But here is my name "Sergio Polcevenni", any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated in helping find any of my blood relatives, find siblings, or find parents or find grand parents, etc. I was born in Milan, Italy, 1957. Not much to go on, as I was at an orphanage, Mlan, Italy and adopted out to the United States of America in July of 1961 (4 and a half years old) to an American family in NY. I am most interested in birth records in Milan and documents from the orphanage in Milan and biological information mother and father too. I have only a few American records and documents on my American name, though fewer records of my Italian name. Thank you for your support in this manner.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Polcevenni is supposedly my sur name.

Post by adelfio »

Your name is most likely spelled Polcveri from Rebbio,Como Lombardy

PG LINK
https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/11 ... 1527618166

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Polcevenni is supposedly my sur name.

Post by suanj »

HI Marty, the foundling had all fantasy surnames.. I am pretty sure that Polcevenni is right, but a fantasy surname surely.. He was put in orphanage, so, if the poster was a foundling like i suspect, it is no possible to know something..
In Italy no one Polcevenni, and I believe that in the world just one: the poster…
The only advice that I can give is to make a DNA test and to hope in good luck…
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply