Our family mystery!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Andrew_gatto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Oct 2019, 06:49

Our family mystery!!

Post by Andrew_gatto »

Hi,

New to this forum, great to see such a community.
For the past 8 months i haven been working on my family tree.
I have successfully found documentation on over 200 relatives dating back to the 1700's,
but there is one mystery I cant seem to crack.

My 4th Great Grandfather Pasquale Gatto goes missing prior to his sons marriage in 1889,
on his sons birth register his father is stated to not be present at the wedding simply stating the world 'America'

Thats all the information I can find, that he's moved away from his family before 1889. I have tried looking for ships that have left either Salerno or Napoli between 1869 - 1889, but I am struggling. Perhaps he travelled further or perhaps its a lie...

I would greatly appreciate any help, or ideas people have.

Thanks
Post Reply