Alfonso Schettino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Smscott72
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Jan 2018, 02:09

Alfonso Schettino

Post by Smscott72 »

Hi. I'm looking for Alfonso Schettino. He is the uncle of my grandfather, Guerino "William" Caseino. According to records, Alfonso is the arrival contact on 2/23/12. My great grandfather is Carmin, Carmine or Carmon Caseino. My great grandmother is Carmela Castelluccio. Thank you for your help! Stephanie
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Alfonso Schettino

Post by suanj »

Hi, I believe that this military record is abt your Alfonso Schettino:
serie: Leva

comuneleva: Montecorvino Pugliano

progressivo: 32

leva: 1862

cognome: Schettino

nome: Alfonso

paternita: Carmine e Caroprese Antonia

nuovanascita: 14/04/1862

localitnascita: Montecorvino Pugliano

professione: bracciale


born in Montecorvino Pugliano on 14 Apr 1862, son of Carmine and of Antonia Caroprese.
Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Alfonso Schettino

Post by suanj »

The right surname spelling is CASCINO no Caseino.. here the info abt Carmine CASCINO

serie: Estrazione

comuneleva: San Cipriano Picentino

progressivo: 76

leva: 1880

cognome: Cascino

nome: Carmine

paternita: Giovanni e Gallo Antonia

nuovanascita: 06/04/1880

localitnascita: Giffoni Sei Casali

professione: contadino
born in Giffoni Sei Casali on 6 Apr 1880, son of Giovanni and Antonia Gallo...


the arrival
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Alfonso Schettino

Post by suanj »

Alfonso Schettino trip

Alfonso Schettino
New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island)
Name
Alfonso Schettino
Event Type
Immigration
Event Date
21 Dec 1910
Event Place
Ellis Island, New York City, New York, United States
Residence Place
Monte..., Solerno
Gender
Male
Age
48
Marital Status
Married
Nationality
Italy, Italian South
Birth Year
1862
Departure Port
Naples
Ship Name
Berlin
Additional Name
Nicola
Departure Contact Name Relationship
Broth
Arrival Contact Name
Grazia
Arrival Contact Name Relationship
Wife
Page Number
173
Affiliate Line Number
0013

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Alfonso Schettino

Post by suanj »

Marriage of Alfonso Schettino and Grazia Pierro on 16 Jan 1886 Montecorvino Pugliano
only his parents were not living, the parents of Grazia were Giovanni Pierro and Marianna Palumbo
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 7.jpg.html
click to enlarge
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Alfonso Schettino

Post by suanj »

a strange record… searching abt these two families Cascino and Schettino) and their relationship, I found the Birth record in Giffoni Valle Piana of Antonietta CASCINO. The Birth record was transcribed in Giffoni Valle Piana and Antonietta Cascino was born in Montecorvino Pugliano on 31 Aug 1910..
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

but the approval was negative, abt the transcription, because in Montecorvino Pugliano on 1910 don't result any Antonietta Cascino born
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 9.jpg.html

Instead your grandfather QUIRINO (NO GUERINO) was born in Giffoni Valle Piana on 11 Jun 1909

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

I do not know how Alfonso Schettino was related to Carmine Cascino, or to Carmela Castelluccio but Giffoni Sei Casali, Giffoni Valle Piana, Montecorvino Pugliano are very close, and some relationship was surely, but I don't know more…
Best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Smscott72
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Jan 2018, 02:09

Re: Alfonso Schettino

Post by Smscott72 »

Thank you so much for this information! Definitely something new to investigate. I am aware that my grandfather's last name is likely Cascino. I think that the scribe at the point of entry made the "c" look like an "e," hence changing the history of the family. Alfonso's parents, Carmine and of Antonia Caroprese, hold the same first names of my grandfather and my great aunt, so it is likely that they were held in high regard.

I am sincerely appreciative of your assistance!

Stephanie Scott
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Alfonso Schettino

Post by suanj »

Happy to help!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply