Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I'm looking for records for the sister of my great-great grandmother. Their family lived in Brizolara. I've located birth records for my great-great grandmother Virginia and her other sister Elisabetta.
I'm looking for records for Louisa Brizolara, probably Luigia Brizolara originally. I've looked at each image in Italia, Genova, Borzonasca. Stato civile: Nati 1870 on FamilySearch and I couldn't find her. I've also looked at 1866, 1867, 1868, 1869, and 1871 with no luck. I wonder if I'm just missing it and I need an extra set of eyes. Or if there's some other reason I can't find it.
Here's what I know:
According to her death records in Chicago, she was born on 21 Aug 1870, though the Ellis Island passenger record indicates she was born in 1867.
Her father's name is Giulio Cesare Brizolara.
Elisabetta and Virginia's mother's name was Luigia Sbarboro, but Louisa's death records list her mother's name as Rose Gatto. She was almost a decade older than her sisters, maybe her mother died and their father remarried?
She immigrated to the US in 1909 with her husband Settimo Gini/Ginie. His death records state he was born 15 Feb 1870 in Lucca, though I haven't located his birth record or their marriage record yet either. They didn't travel with children, so I guess they either didn't have any or they stayed in Italy.
Settimio GINI coming from GUAMO, hamlet of CAPANNORI, Lucca, IT, last residence, mother Adele Biagi in Guamo, but his Birth place seeming Badia Pozzeveri, Birth around 1866, and the Luigia Birth year seeming 1867
I am Brignole. There is a marriage of G. Brignole and M.Sbarboro. Maria Sbarboro moved to Chicago after living in Buffalo NY. Then a marriage to Brizzolara (Am. spelling is Brissolara). We do have a family tree of the line, of Benedetto Brizzolara. if you want to PM me.